How can I get a job at 17?
Put the best foot forward and show employers that you’re responsible to increase your chances of being hired as a teen.
- Get the word out! You’re on the lookout.
- Look at the laws governing the employment of minors.
- Start looking for job openings.
- Get assistance with your application.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, make sure to follow up.
- Interviewing for a job is something you can practice.
What is the best job for a 17 year old?
Summer Job Opportunities for 17-Year-Olds
- Become a Lifeguard by filling out the form below. Getty Images/Jabe Jon If you’re a teenager who enjoys swimming, lifeguarding can be a fun summer job.
- Sturti/Getty Images sturti/Getty Images sturti/Getty Images sturt
- Become a waiter or waitress in a restaurant. Getty Images/Bo1982.
- Start your career as a babysitter. Getty Images/asiseeit
- Worker on the golf course Getty Images/ranplett
What can I work as at 17?
Here are some of the companies that employ 16 and/or 17-year-olds.
- Papa John’s Pizza (some locations)
- JCPenney is a department store chain.
- Checkers/is Rally’s a board game.
- Fried chicken from Kentucky.
- AMC Entertainment. RGIS.
- Aaron Brothers Inc. is a family-owned and operated company.
- Boston Market is a food market in Boston, Massachusetts.
Why is it so hard to get a job at 17?
It is especially difficult for the inexperienced or low-skilled, since employers reason that if they are forced to pay a higher wage, they may as well hire someone with the necessary experience and skills.
Does Apple hire 17 year olds?
Q: Can you tell me about your job? Apple has few, if any, work openings for 16-year-olds, so you’ll have to wait until you’re older. You may inquire about the minimum age requirement at Apple retail stores, but in most situations, they prefer people with more experience than anyone your age usually has.
How can I get my first job at 16?
16-year-olds, on the other hand, also have some good opportunities and can come up with innovative ways to get their first jobs, even though they lack experience. This can be accomplished by being aware of age limits, getting a resume, using your contacts, creating a work for yourself, exploring online opportunities, and training for an interview.
Is it OK to not have a job at 17?
Most people don’t have work when they’re 17, so don’t worry about it. If you believe you need to work, you can go out and look for one; there are plenty of opportunities for people who are willing to put in the effort. The twelve-week summer job at 40 hours per week was adequate. You can, however, have a job.
Can you work at a bank at 17?
The hiring of candidates is largely up to the financial institution, but according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, most employers prefer candidates with a high school diploma or its equivalent. In the banking industry, tellers are normally at least 18 years old.
Can you work at Home Depot at 17?
Is it possible to get a job at Home Depot if you’re 17 years old? – Of course. At the Home Depot, seventeen-year-olds are permitted to work in non-hazardous roles.
Does target hire 17 year olds?
You must be at least 16 years old to apply for hourly jobs at Target stores and our Distribution Centers. To apply for a Target Distribution Center job, you must be at least 18 years old.
Can you work at Walmart at 17?
To work at Walmart, you must be at least 16 years old, and to work at Sam’s Club, you must be at least 18. Have your previous job experience on hand as you plan to complete your application. Please visit our job search page to apply for positions that you are eligible for.
How can I make money at 17?
What Would I Do to Make Money as a Teenager?
- At school, you can sell your belongings. This is one of the easiest opportunities for a teenager to make money.
- Participate in surveys.
- Get paid to surf the internet and play video games.
- Create a channel on YouTube.
- It’s Time to Get Rid of Your Old Things.
- Install the following apps.
- Learn a Lucrative Skill.
Can u get a full time job at 16?
Young people will begin working full-time as soon as they finish high school, which is on the last Friday in June of the year they turn 16. Even if a young person begins a full-time job at the age of 16, they must also complete at least 280 hours of supervised learning in education or training each year.
Is it hard to get a job as a teenager?
“Teens are at the bottom of the recruiting queue because they have less experience and can only work a small number of hours,” he said. “During a recession, they are the hardest hit. That’s why we need strong job growth, which means employers must dig deep to recruit 16- and 17-year-olds with little to no work experience.”
How can a teenager get a job with no experience?
Teen employees will find jobs even if they have no experience—many work in retail, restaurants, or as babysitters. Before you start working as a teenager, you may need to obtain a work permit.