How do I get a job at a flower shop?
- Complete educational requirements.
- Gain experience in a retail environment.
- Be sure to have a valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrate your passion for flowers and willingness to learn.
- Look for opportunities in your local flower shops or the floral sections of grocery stores.
How much do flower shop workers make?
flower shop Salaries in the United States
|Retail||Average Salary||Salary Distribution|
|Customer Service Associate / Cashier 6 salaries reported||$9.50 per hour||Most Reported $7.25 $15.30|
|Florist 4 salaries reported||$11.11 per hour||Min and max salaries are hidden when we have fewer than 5 salaries|
What qualifications do you need to be a florist?
You may need: 2 or fewer GCSEs at grades 3 to 1 (D to G), or equivalent, for a level 1 course. 2 or more GCSEs at grades 9 to 3 (A* to D), or equivalent, for a level 2 course. 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C), or equivalent, for a level 3 course.
Can you make money as a florist?
A retail floral shop generates on average $362,318 in annual revenue, according to the Society of American Florists, a trade group that represents growers, wholesalers and retail florists. But the majority of florists most likely bring in $200,000 or less in annual sales, Goodman says.