Steps for Becoming a TSA Screener
- Acquire the necessary education and/or experience.
- Apply for an open position on the USAJOBS website.
- Take and pass a background investigation.
- Pass a medical examination.
- Take and pass a drug test.
- Successfully pass an image interpretation test.
- Be hired as a TSA screener.
Is it hard to become a TSA agent?
TSA agents must have at the very least a high school diploma or GED. In addition, in order to apply, you must have at least one year of experience as a security officer or Xray technician. Also, you may not work as TSA agent if you are not a US citizen.
How long does it take to get hired at TSA?
How much do TSA screeners make an hour?
United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA) pays its employees an average of $16.48 an hour. Hourly pay at United States Transportation Security Administration (TSA) ranges from an average of $13.82 to $20.72 an hour.
Is working for TSA worth it?
TSA is a great agency to get your foot into the federal government and transfer to a better agencies depending on your backgrounds. The hiring requirement had eased quite a bit since I was hired. Is it worth working? yes, it will open doors for different career fields with in the federal governments.