What qualifications do you need to work in a hotel?
- National Vocational Qualification / Scottish Vocational Qualification (NVQ/SVQ)
- Other vocational qualifications.
- Higher National Certificate and Higher National Diploma (NHC and HNCD)
- Diploma of higher education.
- Foundation degree.
- Bachelors degree.
- Graduate apprenticeship.
What is working in a hotel like?
Working in a hotel is demanding on your time. You’ll have to work nights and weekends, just like everyone else in the hotel – but you will get time off on other weekends and during the weekdays – which gives you more flexibility than ordinary people working 9-5 jobs. While the work is demanding, the rewards are great.
What are the different jobs in a hotel?
10 Most Popular Types of Hotel Jobs
- Resort Manager. A resort manager supervises resort operations.
- Hotel Manager. A hotel manager is charged with ensuring all aspects of the hotel run smoothly.
- Hotel Sales Manager.
- Housekeeping Manager.
- Hotel Maintenance Engineer.
- Front Desk Receptionist.
- Night Auditor.
Is it hard to get a hotel job?
It’s not hard to get into the industry: It’s pretty obvious what you need to do to get into a hotel job. You can earn certificates in specific areas while you’re working and increase your future potential. Your experience and education is easily transferable no matter where you’d like to work.