What skills do you need to work in a library?
Take inventory of these important qualities and emphasize them in your resume:
- Research Skills.
- Computer and Internet Literacy.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Written Communication Skills.
- Highly Adaptable.
- Excellent Attention-to-Detail.
- Critical Thinking Skills.
What qualifications do you need to be a library assistant?
A high school diploma or its equivalent is the minimum educational requirement for obtaining a position as a clerical library assistant, who typically trains on the job. Some libraries may be amenable to hiring and training high school students.
What jobs can you do in a library?
10 Most Popular Types of Library Jobs
- Librarian. Librarians do everything from organizing community events and programs to helping professionals and students research scholarly and public information.
- Library Director.
- Medical Librarian.
- Library Technician.
- Library Media Specialist.
- Assistant Librarian.
- Library Assistant.
Is it hard to get a library job?
Public libraries can be easier to get into because in some places there are levels of librarianship that have lower requirements. However, they also can have more people applying for them. Yes, it is, and it is even more difficult to get a job now that it was when I graduated from library school 18 years ago.