How do I start a career in social media?
Eight Tips to Start Your Social Media Career
- Confirm Your Career Choice. Social media roles are often autonomous, and they can be unstructured and fluid due to the constantly changing nature of technology.
- Be Aware.
- Educate Yourself.
- Learn on the Job.
- Demonstrate Your Passion.
- Build Your Personal Brand.
- Grow Your Network.
- Offer Your Skills for Free.
What qualifications do you need to work in media?
There are no specific A levels required but relevant ones include: English literature, English language, media, psychology, sociology, communication studies and law. Vocational courses – a Level 3 qualification in media studies would be relevant for this work.
Why do you want to work in social media?
“When you work in social media you are commanding a framework that gets you talking with actual people and encourages them to actively engage with your brand. “What feels really exciting and stimulating is being able to watch the effect your work can have on real people in real time.
What kind of jobs are there in social media?
Common Social Media Job Titles You May Encounter
- Brand Ambassador.
- Brand Manager.
- Community Manager.
- Content Manager.
- Content Strategist.
- Digital Communications Professional.
- Digital Content Manager.