How do you get a job in a morgue?
How to Get Started
- Earn your high school diploma or GED.
- Explore a part time job at a funeral home.
- Review and apply to appropriate two-year degree programs for mortuary assistants.
- Complete the necessary coursework and prepare your resume.
- Consider completing an internship if available at your school.
How much do morgue technicians make?
Most morgue technicians earn a salary of between $35,000 and $40,000 a year. After a few years of employment, you can expect a pay raise.
What do you do at a morgue?
A morgue or mortuary (in a hospital or elsewhere) is used for the storage of human corpses awaiting identification or removal for autopsy or respectful burial, cremation or other method.
Is it scary to work in a morgue?
This can be quite unnerving, especially if you’re required to be there alone at night. Working in a morgue is definitely not for everyone. For those who are not easily frightened and don’t mind being around dead people, this can be the career you are looking for.