How can I improve my emotional intelligence at work?
How to Improve Your Emotional Intelligence
- Observe how you react to people.
- Look at your work environment.
- Do a self-evaluation.
- Examine how you react to stressful situations.
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Examine how your actions will affect others – before you take those actions.
What are the 5 characteristics of emotional intelligence?
Daniel Goleman, an American psychologist, developed a framework of five elements that define emotional intelligence:
- Self awareness. People with high EI understand their emotions and they don’t let their feelings rule them.
- Self regulation.
- Social skills.
How do you show emotional intelligence?
Here are 7 ways to Show Emotional Intelligence
- Empathy. Sometimes we confuse empathy with sympathy.
- Service Minded. When you focus on the needs of another person, you are also caring for their emotional needs.
- Managing Conflict.
What is emotional intelligence at work?
Emotional intelligence is the capacity to understand and manage your emotions. Embracing the nuances of human emotion in the workplace can have pragmatic benefits, such as better collaboration among employees and a happier workplace, according to Rex Huppke.