What does it mean to work the 12 steps?
AA has its members work through 12 Steps in a systematic manner as they move into recovery.
These 12 Steps are meant to become a way of living life without alcohol.
Individuals may spend more time on one step than another, or even come back and revisit a step after they have worked through others.
How do you do Sponsee 12 steps?
How To Work the 12 Steps of AA With Your Sponsee
- Step 1: We are powerless over alcohol and lives unmanageable.
- Step 2: We think only a Higher Power can bring us to sanity.
- Step 3: Turn over our lives to the care of God.
- Step 4: Searched for moral faults and character defects.
- Step 5: Apologized for all the wrong we have done while using.
How long is a 12 step program?
How Long will it Take me to Work Through All 12 Steps? You attend an AA or NA meeting and you hear all of the other recovering addicts tout that they’ve been clean and part of the 12 Step program for 90 days, 120 days, 1 year, 2 years—sometimes longer.
What are the spiritual principles of NA?
The point of the spiritual principles of NA is to communicate the fact that with addiction, you are not in full control. Some atheists or agnostics choose to instead think of their higher power as reality, as the fact that they cannot control their addiction on their own.