Can working too much cause depression?
Working too much can take a toll on your mental health.
One study found that workers who logged 11 hours per day were more likely to battle depression than those who worked seven to eight hours.
How do you deal with anxiety in the workplace?
8 Surprisingly Simple Ways to Manage Anxiety at Work
- Get Away from Your Computer.
- Try Gentle Stretching.
- Communicate with the People Around You.
- Drink All of the Water.
- Check in with Your Breathing.
- Make Yourself a List.
- Take a Five-Minute Meditation Break.
- Remember That It’s a Cycle.
How do you deal with work?
Taking Steps to Manage Stress
- Track your stressors. Keep a journal for a week or two to identify which situations create the most stress and how you respond to them.
- Develop healthy responses.
- Establish boundaries.
- Take time to recharge.
- Learn how to relax.
- Talk to your supervisor.
- Get some support.
How do you manage anxiety?
Try these when you’re feeling anxious or stressed:
- Take a time-out.
- Eat well-balanced meals.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
- Get enough sleep.
- Exercise daily to help you feel good and maintain your health.
- Take deep breaths.
- Count to 10 slowly.
- Do your best.