The article demonstrates how to follow the below steps:
- Connect to a SQL Server instance.
- Create a database (“TutorialDB”)
- Create a table (“Customers”) in your new database.
- Insert rows into your new table.
- Query the new table and view the results.
- Use the query window table to verify your connection properties.
Different Types of SQL JOINs
- (INNER) JOIN: Returns records that have matching values in both tables.
- LEFT (OUTER) JOIN: Returns all records from the left table, and the matched records from the right table.
- RIGHT (OUTER) JOIN: Returns all records from the right table, and the matched records from the left table.
OUTER APPLY in SQL Server. OUTER APPLY returns both rows that produce a result set, and rows that do not, with NULL values in the columns produced by the table-valued function. OUTER APPLY work as LEFT OUTER JOIN. Above both query produce same result.The SQL UNION operator is used to combine the result sets of 2 or more SELECT statements. It removes duplicate rows between the various SELECT statements. Each SELECT statement within the UNION must have the same number of fields in the result sets with similar data types.The GROUP BY Statement in SQL is used to arrange identical data into groups with the help of some functions. i.e if a particular column has same values in different rows then it will arrange these rows in a group.
Where can I work with SQL?
Detailed List Of The 50 Jobs That Use Sql The Most
|2||Senior Software Engineer||7,153|
|3||Senior SQL Server Database Administrator||6,579|
|4||Quality Assurance Tester||5,544|
46 more rows
How do I run a SQL query?
How to run SQL queries in phpMyAdmin –
How does or work in SQL?
SQL AND, OR and NOT Operators
The AND and OR operators are used to filter records based on more than one condition: The AND operator displays a record if all the conditions separated by AND are TRUE. The OR operator displays a record if any of the conditions separated by OR is TRUE.
How do I create a simple SQL database?
How to Create Database in SQL Server 2017 | Database Create