Here are some tips:
- Agree to keep your relationship outside of the office from the very beginning.
- Be professional.
- Make sure your colleagues don’t feel uncomfortable.
- Focus on your work.
- Don’t stir up drama.
- Keep your correspondence offline.
- Always take the high road when you interact with an ex.
How do you make no contact when you work with your ex?
Here are a few ground rules you should follow during no contact if you and your ex work together.
- Don’t talk about anything personal. Whatever happens, don’t talk about your personal life.
- Don’t Talk About Your Ex To Your Colleagues.
How can I be civil with my ex?
10 Ways to Keep It Civil With Your Ex
- Think before you talk.
- Give something to get something.
- Don’t make it painful to be in the same room.
- Remember who you are talking to.
- Try not to spread stress to your kids.
- Don’t let your ex live in your head.
- Save on expensive litigation.
- Take a step back.
Should I avoid my ex at work?
Avoid badmouthing your ex at work.
You may even find yourself judging their efforts at work, although you never saw any issue before. Skip the criticisms, as they’ll only make you the bad guy. Speaking highly of your ex will earn you the respect of the entire office. Plus, you’ll feel pretty good about yourself, too.