Jobs for 14- and 15-Year-Olds
Jobs for 14 and 15-year-olds are available in a range of industries. There may be rules and restrictions on the type of work you can do depending on where you live. The following restrictions are imposed under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): You are not permitted to work in any dangerous occupation, such as mining or logging. Counselors assist in the facilitation of games, walks, sing-alongs, and other camp activities. Retail establishments and fast-food restaurants usually hire cashiers.
Dog walkers can be self-employed or employed by a specialized company. Some dog walkers only walk one dog at a time, while others walk many pets.
Restaurant hosts and hostesses are in charge of welcoming customers, directing them to available tables, presenting menus, and notifying them about specials. Grocery baggers assist consumers by sorting purchased groceries into bags and assisting customers in carrying bags to their automobiles. Customers are greeted by ice cream scoopers who offer menu ideas, samples, and scoop and serve ice cream goods. In your neighborhood, there may be more career options for 14- and 15-year-olds. Try being inventive and see if anyone in your neighborhood is willing to compensate you for your talents. There are various job options that might help you establish a successful career if you’re looking for work experience.
What locations hire at 15?
More national restaurant brands that will hire 14 and 15-year-olds are listed below.
- Arby’s. In the 1960s, Arby’s Restaurants initially opened their doors.
- Burger King is a fast food restaurant chain. Burger King was one of my first jobs, which I started when I was 15 years old.
- Baskin-Robbins is a popular ice cream parlor in the United States
- Fried chicken from Kentucky.
- Ben and Jerry’s is a popular ice cream company.
- Dairy Queen is a company that produces dairy products.
- Rita’s Italian Ice is a place where you may get Italian ice.
What jobs pay the most at 15?
If you’re looking for work, here are 15 high-paying careers for teenagers to consider:
- Cashier. The national average hourly wage is $10.55.
- Actor. The national average hourly wage is $11.00.
- Associate in sales. The national average hourly wage is $11.06.
- Merchandiser in the retail industry.
- Worker in the landscape.
Can you work anywhere at 15?
Gardening, running errands, babysitting, modeling, clerical work, and tending a cashier are all examples of ‘light’ employment that you can undertake if you’re under the age of 15. More information is available on the ACT Government’s community services website. In NSW, there is no legal minimum age for starting work.
Is it good to get a job at 15?
You’ll have more choices and a greater chance of finding a job you enjoy if you start working when you’re 15 years old. If you can find a career you enjoy from a young age, you can concentrate on becoming the best you can be at it while you’re still young.
Do Starbucks hire 15 year olds?
Does Starbucks hire people as young as 15? – Of course. Baristas as young as 15 can work at some Starbucks stores.
Is $25 an hour good?
$25 per hour multiplied by 40 hours per week equals $55,000 per year. This is no longer a particularly good income in most parts of America (although much of the country works for considerably less). $25 per hour multiplied by 40 hours per week equals $55,000 per year.
How can I get my first job at 15?
Teens: How to Get Your First Part-Time Job
- Finding your first part-time job is a daunting task.
- Preparing for a Job Search
- Make a straightforward resume.
- It’s Important to Look Good.
- Leads might be found by tapping into your network.
- Make a list of places where you want to apply.
- Be ready to be rejected.
- Prepare yourself for an interview.
How can I earn money at 15?
- Work in the yard. Teenagers of this age might earn money by assisting with yard work.
- Babysitting. Babysitting is one of the legal employment available to teenagers under the age of 14.
- Sitting for pets.
- House Sitting is a term that refers to the act of sitting
- The route of the paper.
- Lemonade Stand is a business that sells lemonade.
- Retail Worker (Only for the benefit of the parents)
Can I work at Walmart at 15?
To work at Walmart, you must be at least 16 years old, and to work at Sam’s Club, you must be at least 18. Have your previous employment history on hand as you prepare to submit your application. Please visit our job search page to apply for positions that you are qualified for.
What is a good job for a 15 year old?
The Top 15 Jobs for 15-Year-Olds
- Attendant at a Car Wash
- Lawn Caretaker is a person who takes care of the lawn.
- Scanner/Archiver for documents and photos.
- Cleaner for the house.
- Sitter for pets.
Can I work at McDonalds at 15?
Is McDonald’s hiring at the age of 15? – Yes. Despite federal rules prohibiting minors from working in the food service industry, McDonald’s employs 15-year-olds in customer service.
What job should I get as a teenager?
Listed below are 20 of the finest careers for teenagers.
- Attendant at a fast food restaurant.
- Attendant at the car wash
- Assistant at the kennel.
- Cashier at a supermarket.
- Assistant at a daycare center.
- Worker at a concession booth.
- Server in a restaurant.
- Host/hostess in a restaurant.
What are good teenage jobs?
Teens can work in a variety of high-paying jobs, including:
- Counselor in a summer camp
- Whether you’re a waiter or a waitress, you’ll be
- Associate in sales.
- A person who walks dogs
Is working as a teenager Bad?
Jobs might expose children to people and situations for which they are unprepared. Teenagers who work too much—more than 15 hours per week—get lower marks than those who do not. Teenagers who work have money that they could spend on things that are bad for them, like alcohol or tobacco.