Great Tips for Getting Your First Part-Time Job
Finding your first part-time job as a teenager can be challenging, but planning ahead will make the process much easier. Highlight any experiences that demonstrate discipline, commitment, and a willingness to work hard. If you take it one step at a time, you’ll soon be employed.
If you’re looking for your first job, networking is a good way to get started. Employers will be looking for signs that you are mature for your age and will follow through. There is a right and wrong way to respond if an employer says they don’t need you. If you get a “No, I’m sorry,” respond by saying, “Well, if yo
How can I get my first job at 16?
16-year-olds, on the other hand, still have some good options and can find creative ways to get their first jobs, even without experience, by understanding age restrictions, having a resume, using connections you already have, creating a job for yourself, pursuing online opportunities, and preparing for an interview.
What is the easiest job for a 16 year old?
Job Opportunities for 16-Year-Olds
- Amusement Park Ride Operator.
- Carnival Game Attendant.
- Lot Attendant.
- Event Ticket Taker.
- Actor at a Renaissance Fair.
- Gift Wrapper.
How can a teenager get a job with no experience?
Teen workers can find work even if they have no experienceu2014many work in retail, restaurants, or babysit children. As a teenager, you may need to obtain a work permit before beginning your job.
Can a 17 year old have a job?
Employees aged 15 to 17 may work in any capacity: no permits are required, and parental or guardian consent is only required during restricted hours.
What job pays good for a 16 year old?
If you’re looking for work, here are 15 high-paying jobs for teenagers to consider:
- Retail merchandiser.
- Landscape laborer.
- National average salary: $10.55 per hour.
- Actor. National average salary: $11.00 per hour.
- Sales associate. National average salary: $11.06 per hour.
What percentage of 16 year olds have jobs?
The number of employed youth 16 to 24 years old increased by 4.4 million to 17.5 million from April to July 2020, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. In July 2020, 46.7 percent of young people were employed, down from 56.2 percent in July 2019.
How much money do 16-year-olds make?
As you might expect, the age group with the lowest salary is that of teenagers, many of whom only work summer jobs; according to BLS data, the median weekly wage for 16- to 19-year-olds is $506, equating to $26,312 per year.
Who hired at 15?
More national restaurant chains that will hire 14 and 15-year-olds are listed below.
- Burger King.
- Baskin Robbins.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- Ben and Jerry’s.
- Dairy Queen.
- Rita’s Italian Ice.
Does Apple hire 16-year-olds?
Apple has few, if any, jobs open to 16-year-olds, so you’ll probably have to wait until you’re older. You can inquire about the minimum age requirements at Apple retail stores, but in most cases, they want people with more experience than someone your age typically has. Regards.
How can I get my first job at 15?
Teens: How to Get Your First Part-Time Job
- Finding Your First Part-Time Job.
- Preparing for the Job Hunt.
- Put Together a Simple Resume.
- Your Appearance Matters.
- Tap Your Network for Leads.
- Make a List of Places to Apply.
- Be Prepared for Rejection.
What is a good job for a 15 year old?
The Top 15 Jobs for 15-Year-Olds
- Car Wash Attendant.
- Lawn Caretaker.
- Document and Photo Scanner/Archiver.
- House Cleaner.
How does a 14 year old write a resume?
How to Write a Teen Resume
- Fill out an experience section.
- Showcase Your Skills.
- Make Sure You Fill the Page.
What are the best jobs for 17 year olds?
Summer Job Opportunities for 17-Year-Olds
- Working Retail. sturti/Getty Images.
- Begin Working as a Babysitter. asiseeit/Getty Images.
- Golf Course Worker. ranplett/Getty Images.
Where should I work as a 17 year old?
Job Opportunities in Local Businesses
- Juice/Smoothie Shop Cashier. The only thing you need to know going into this job is how NOT to stick your hand in a blender.
- Front Desk Receptionist (At a Spa, Salon, or Hotel)
- Front Desk Associate at a Fitness or Yoga Studio.
Do you need a job at 16?
In NSW, there is no minimum age to begin casual or part-time work.