16 Jobs You Can Get Without a High School Diploma
You can find a job with decent pay even if you don’t have a high school diploma by researching job positions and their education requirements. By taking the time to assess your skill set and available job options, you can find a job with decent pay even if you don’t have a GED. Click on each salary link below for the most up-to-date salary information from Indeed.
A gardener can work for a municipality, a public department, or a private property owner. A forklift operator operates forklifts in factories, warehouses, construction sites, and manufacturing plants. A welder fuses metal components for the support of buildings, bridges, and other types of infrastructure.
What are the chances of getting a job without a highschool diploma?
The unemployment rate for Americans without a high school diploma remains higher than the national average, at 14.5 percent, according to Department of Education data, and 45 percent of those without a diploma lack the basic literacy skills required to fill out a job application.
What certifications can you get without a highschool diploma?
- 1 Certified Nursing Aide/Assistant: In most states, certified nursing aide candidates must complete a minimum of 75 hours of state-approved training and pass the state board of nursing’s CNA certification exam. 2 Pharmacy Technician. 3 I.T./ Computer Technician. 4 Emergency Dispatcher.
Can you get a degree without a diploma?
While most four-year universities require a diploma or equivalent to enroll in a degree program, many community colleges have become more flexible in their admission requirements, and students without a diploma or GED must be 18 years old in some states, such as California.
How do I get a job with no qualifications?
How to get a job with no experience or qualifications
- Be realistic. You won’t be able to waltz into a position as a doctor if you don’t have the right qualifications u2013 or any u2013 so try to be realistic.
Do jobs really check for high school diploma?
Employers, for the most part, don’t care if you went to school or what degrees you have, and most don’t bother to verify your credentials unless they are required to.
Can you lie about having a high school diploma?
Of course, they have the right to fire you for lying on your application and/or not having a high school diploma; however, your question is a personal one; you can tell them you lied, etc.; the choice is yours.
How can I be successful without a highschool diploma?
You can take a number of steps to improve your chances of landing a job that doesn’t require a high school diploma, including:
- Create a resume that is tailored to each job.
- Interview with confidence.
- Find an apprenticeship or internship.
- Get your GED.
- Work with an employment agency.
How do you get your high school diploma after 21?
You can either obtain an official high school diploma or prepare to take the GEDu00ae exam. In the United States, you are only permitted to attend high school until the age of 21, after which you must attend an adult high school.
What certifications can I get online?
5 Online Certificates to Help You Advance Your Career
- Accounting Certificate.
- Information Technology (IT) Certificate.
- Human Resources (HR) Certificate.
- Medical Billing or Coding Certificate.
- Project Management Certificate. If numbers come easily to you and you have a mind for money, accounting is a great field for you.
Which is better GED or HS diploma?
Employers generally consider GEDs and traditional diplomas to be equivalent in terms of educational qualifications. u201cThe difference between a high school diploma and a GED in the eyes of an employer is very negligible.
Can I get my GED online?
Only GED Testing Service at GED.com offers the official online proctored GED test. If you’re getting ready to take the GED test, the internet has a wealth of resources to help you prepare.
Can I become a nurse with a GED?
Many colleges and universities across the United States accept GED applicants, which means that once you have your GED, you can pursue postsecondary studies in nursing as long as you are capable of being accepted and successfully completing the required courses.
How can I get a job immediately?
20 Unusual Ways to Get Hired Quickly
- Get Specific. When looking for a new job, time is valuable.
- Don’t Settle. Be specific about where you want to work.
- Don’t Just Quit.
- Remember the Cover Letter.
- Job Specific Resume.
- Keep it Simple.
- Employment isn’t Everything.
- Dress For What You Want.
What’s the easiest job to get?
25 Part-Time Jobs That Are Simple To Do
- Appointment Setter. Appointment setting could be the job for you if you have good communication skills.
- Brand Ambassador.
- Classroom or Library Monitor.
- Customer Service.
- Data Entry.
- Delivery Driver.
- Fitness Instructor.
- Food/Product Demonstrations.
What job can I do with no skills?
Jobs for People Who Don’t Have Any Experience or Skills:
- Security Guard:
- Baby Sitter:
- Restaurant Owner:
- House Keeper:
- Dock Loader and Off Loader:
- Toll Booth operator: