Highest Paying Jobs Without a Degree: Top 20 Careers
The idea of earning a degree that will lead to a high-paying job is ingrained in American culture. Degrees do not have to block a successful and prosperous professional route. There are plenty of other options for folks without a degree who want to get into the workforce.
Postsecondary Non-Degree Awards
Non-degree awards can be employed in the healthcare industry and other lucrative fields. These awards are given out after completing postsecondary education or training, which can take anywhere from two weeks to two years. In the domains of business and finance, many non-degree awards might be applied.
Career and technical education is intended to provide vocational training that can be used to a wide range of sectors. Technical and vocational schools, as well as two- to four-year colleges and universities, offer these programs. This could result in a diploma or certification in a particular field of study.
Apprenticeship programs combine elements of paid work and education to provide industry-recognized credentials. They are excellent chances for anyone seeking nationally recognized qualifications in a variety of industries.
As a state-granted, obligatory certification, licensure differs from state to state. For clinical practice or fields of counseling, professional electrical work, and other professions, licensing is required. An educational certificate can help you get your license by providing you with the academic hours or credits you need to pass state tests.
Without a degree, a high school graduate can work in one of these highest-paying jobs. Operators of power plants and commercial pilots are among the highest-paid professions. Transportation and distribution managers earn a median salary of $94,730, with job growth of 6%. By 2029, there will be fewer jobs available in this field. Insurance claims, fraud, and people involved in insurance problems are investigated by claim adjusters.
To get to the supervisory level, you usually need less than five years of experience. Aircraft mechanics are one of many occupations that do not necessitate a post-secondary education. Makeup artists make an average annual salary of $75,730.
Fire inspectors and EMTs can start their professions with a high school certificate and gain FFA certification through on-the-job training. A degree may be required for some careers in fire science, engineering, or chemistry. Many jobs are available that do not require a four-year college education. Professional wind turbine technicians know how to examine, repair, and maintain wind turbines. Computer support specialist is a well-paying job that does not require a bachelor’s degree. The United States Coast Guard maintains a webpage with a list of approved training programs that lead to the qualifications needed by almost every seaman.
The top 10% of firefighters earn more than $92,000 per year. To stay in the fire service, firefighters must pass a medical exam, a drug test, and regular fitness testing. Long-term on-the-job training, sometimes in the form of an apprenticeship, is required of HVAC & Refrigeration Technicians. GetEducated provides information on the diplomas, certificates, and vocational education programs available to working adult students. In today’s fast developing, competitive industry, the highest-paying occupations without degrees are frequently the most important or future careers. Some job seekers with only a high school diploma may be hired if they have the necessary abilities.
What job pays well without a degree?
25 High-Paying Jobs You Can Get Without a Four-Year Degree
- ATC stands for Air Traffic Controller. The average pay is $122,990.
- Installer and repairer of elevators. The average wage is $84,990.
- Technician with nuclear reactors. The average wage is $82,080.
- Dental Hygienist is a professional that works in the dental field. The average wage is $76,220.
- Developer of websites.
- Cardiovascular technologists/diagnostic medical sonographers
- Technician in the aerospace industry.
- Detectives and police officers.
What jobs pay over 100k without a degree?
Jobs that pay six figures but don’t require a college diploma
- ATC stands for Air Traffic Controller. $124,540 is the median salary.
- Broker in real estate. $79,340 is the average salary.
- Manager of construction. $91,370 is the average salary.
- A radiation therapist is a person who specializes in the treatment of
- This is a commercial pilot.
- Manager of Funeral Services.
- Detectives and criminal investigators are two types of detectives.
- Operator of a nuclear power reactor.
What is the highest paid job without qualifications?
The top ten highest-paying jobs that don’t require a college diploma
- Drivers of trains and trams.
- Managers of training.
- Manager of the project.
- Controllers of air traffic.
- Managers of sales.
- Manager of construction.
- Manager of Hazardous Waste.
What is the easiest but highest paying job?
Top 18 Best-Paying Simple Jobs
- Sitter for the house. If you’re searching for a simple, high-paying job, consider home sitting.
- Trainer for individuals.
- Flight Attendant is a position in the airline industry.
- Walker of dogs.
- Attendant at a toll booth.
- Therapist who specializes in massage.
What is the quickest career to get?
High-paying, fast-growing jobs that don’t require a lot of education
- Diver for the commercial market.
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Technician in the field of HVAC.
- Surgical Technologist is a professional that works in the field of surgery.
- Operator of Heavy Equipment.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (VN).
- Technician at a medical laboratory.
What jobs pay 30 an hour without a degree?
Jobs in Human Resources and Management that pay $30 an hour without a degree
- ($25-$40+ an hour) salesperson * Debt Collector (hourly rate: $18-$33)
- * Crossfit / Yoga Specialized Trainers: ($22-$40 an hour ) Personal Trainers: ($22-$37 an hour )
- * Test Prep Tutor Specialist: ($ 30 -$60 an hour ) * Private Tutor: ($25-$35 an hour )
What jobs pay 200k a year?
- Anesthesiologist. On average, doctors who provide anesthesia make $246,320, the highest income in the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) database.
- Nurse anesthetist is a type of anesthetist who works in a
- Chief executive officer.
- Manager of marketing.
- Manager of computer and information systems.
Do nurses make 6 figures?
As a registered nurse, earning $100,000 per year is entirely possible. In fact, becoming a nurse and earning six figures can be a really simple process. The amount of money a nurse makes in a typical year, on the other hand, is dependent on a number of things.
How can I make 6 figures from home?
In 2019, here are the top ten ways to make six figures from home.
- Start your own consulting firm. Do you have a flair for solving challenges and assisting others in making difficult decisions?
- Create an online course and teach it.
- Make Your Own Online Store.
- Make a living as a virtual assistant.
- Create a blog audience.
- Make a living as a copywriter.
- Become a programmer.
- Become a user experience designer.
What jobs pay 50k a year without degree?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are nine careers that pay $50,000 or more per year and don’t require a bachelor’s degree.
- Agent for the insurance industry.
- Technician for wind turbines.
- Inspector of fires.
- Assistant to the CEO.
- Assistant in occupational therapy.
- Representative for wholesale and manufacturing sales.
What are the best paid unskilled jobs?
The following are the top 20:
- Recruiter, £33,035. Waste Management, £32,100. Firefighter, £35,332. Food Taster, £35,275. Executive Assistant, £33,578.
- £31,707 for a plumber, £30,656 for a sales executive, and £30,451 for a police officer.
What jobs make 50k a year?
Here’s a list of jobs that pay on average more than $50,000 per year:
- Assistant to the CEO.
- Manager of warehouse training.
- Representative for sales.
- Manager of equipment maintenance.
- Driver of a truck.
- Superintendent of construction.
- Officer of the law.
What jobs pay $100 an hour?
Top-paying occupations that pay more than $100 per hour
- Coach for life.
- Welder who works underwater.
- I work as a freelance photographer.
- Writer of political speeches.
- Artist who does tattoos.
- Massage therapist.
- Designer of interiors.
- A commercial pilot is being conducted.
What jobs pay 120k a year?
There are 25 jobs that pay more than $100,000 per year.
- Physician. $180,000 is the median base wage.
- Lawyer. $144,500 is the median base wage.
- Manager of research and development. $142,120 is the median basic wage.
- Manager of software development. $132,000 is the median base wage.
- Manager of a pharmacy. $130,000 is the median base wage.
- Manager of strategy.
- Architect for software.
- Engineer for integrated circuit design.
What jobs will make you rich?
Here are 14 careers with lucrative progression potential that, if planned ahead of time and executed well, can help you become a billionaire.
- Athlete in the professional ranks.
- Banker specializing in investments.
- CPA stands for certified public accountant.
- Agent for insurance.
- Agent for real estate.