What qualifications do you need to be a real estate agent?
You could do a foundation degree, higher national diploma or degree in:
- business studies.
- civil and structural engineering.
- estate management.
- property development or management.
- urban and land studies.
How do I start a career in real estate?
How to Start a Career in Real Estate
- Get licensed in your state.
- Choose a brokerage.
- Join the National Association of Realtors.
- Find a path to get training.
- Create a business plan.
- Build your business using your contacts.
- Develop your professional image.
- Be ready to meet your first client.
Is there a demand for real estate agents?
Real Estate Brokers and Sales Agents. Employment of real estate brokers and sales agents is projected to grow 7 percent from 2018 to 2028, faster than the average for all occupations. Therefore, their entry into the housing market should increase demand for real estate agents and brokers.
How do you make money as a real estate agent?
Most real estate agents make money through commissions—payments made directly to real estate brokers for services rendered in the sale or purchase of a real property. A commission is usually a percentage of the property’s selling price, although it can be a flat fee.