What is the best oil company to work for?
2019 Best Oil & Gas Companies
- #1. SCORE 9.151. Exxon Mobil Corporation.
- SCORE 9.014. Chevron Corporation.
- SCORE 8.843. 2018 Rank 3.
- SCORE 8.723. Valero Energy Corporation.
- SCORE 8.572. 2018 Rank 6.
- SCORE 8.401. Citgo Petroleum Corporation.
- SCORE 8.194. 2018 Rank 5.
- SCORE 7.882. 2018 Rank 9.
Is it bad to work for an oil company?
You work for oil and gas, you work for the sustainability of your company, and reduce their environmental impact. You work for oil and gas, but do nothing about the environment. If that’s in line with your values, it’s okay — but don’t argue against the impact of oil companies on the environment.
What jobs are in the oil industry?
Companies involved in upstream operations search for underground or underwater oil fields, drill exploratory wells and oversee operations to redirect crude oil to the surface.
- Land Agents.
- Geoscience Professionals.
- Safety Managers.
- Pipeline Design Engineer.
- Pipeline Control Centre Operator.
- Petrochemical Engineer.
Why do you choose this career in oil company?
As interest in environmental sustainability within the petroleum sector grows, so does the demand for people who are qualified to help oil and gas companies monitor, manage and improve their impact on the environment. “These sorts of things are really opening up a variety of career opportunities,” Cheryl says.