How do you get a job with the Department of Homeland Security?
Get a Homeland Security Job
- Visit the Careers section on DHS.gov. There you will find all of the resources you need to find a job at the Department of Homeland Security.
- Find the Job Right for You. Find DHS jobs at dhs.usajobs.gov. You can also use USAJOBS through an Interactive Voice Response Telephone System. phone: 703-724-1850.
What kind of jobs can you get in homeland security?
Top 25 Jobs in Homeland Security for 2019
- Secret Service Agent.
- Civil Engineer (FEMA)
- US Postal Inspector.
- Fraud Investigator (FEMA)
- Information Security Agent (CIA)
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Advisor/Instructor.
- Cybercrimes Agent (FBI)
- Federal Air Marshal (TSA)
How much does Homeland Security make an hour?
|Salary Range (Percentile)|
1 more row
What is it like to work for Homeland Security?
Department of Homeland Security employees help secure our borders, airports, seaports, and waterways; research and develop the latest security technologies; respond to natural disasters or terrorists assaults; and analyze intelligence reports.
What is the age limit for homeland security?
Is a Masters in Homeland Security worth it?
You’ll get your career started earlier (albeit at a lower entry point) while gaining valuable experience and professional development. There is one master’s in homeland security that is unquestionably worthwhile: the MA in homeland security at the Naval Postgraduate School Center For Homeland Defense and Security.
How can I join CIA?
Candidates for CIA agent jobs in clandestine services must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong interest in international affairs.
- Be able to write clearly and accurately.
How can I join the Secret Service?
To become a Secret Service special agent, you should expect to:
- Obtain the education and/or experience levels needed for a position.
- Apply for an open position on the USAJOBS website.
- Take and pass a written examination called the SAEE.
- Take and pass the Applicant Physical Abilities Test (APAT).
- Undergo an interview.
What do FBI agents make?
A new FBI special agent earns a base salary of $43,441. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, locality pay, which can range from 12.5 percent to 28.7 percent of an agent’s salary, increases the agent’s wages.