How do I use iCloud drive?
How to use iCloud Drive on Mac, iPad & iPhone: Turn on Documents and Desktop
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click iCloud.
- Ensure iCloud Drive is enabled (a blue tick next to it).
- Click Options next to iCloud Drive.
- Place a tick in Desktop and Document Folders.
- Click Done.
Is there a difference between iCloud and icloud drive?
While iCloud is a storage service, the iCloud Drive is Apple’s version of Dropbox. It is cloud-based, making sharing of all the data on the drive much easier. It also allows users to sync contents between devices. It is slightly different in operation as compared to Dropbox or Google Drive.
Should you use iCloud drive?
With iCloud Drive, you can sync files across all of your device in supported third-party apps, as well as Apple’s built-in programs. This starts to use up a lot of storage. It’s incredibly convenient to be able to sync files across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, but you don’t need to use it with every app.
How do I add files to iCloud drive?
- Drag files from the desktop or a folder window on your computer to the iCloud Drive window or a folder icon in the iCloud Drive window.
- Click the File Upload button in the iCloud Drive toolbar, select the files you want to upload, then follow the onscreen instructions.
What is the difference iCloud and iCloud drive?
While iCloud is a storage service, the iCloud Drive is Apple’s version of Dropbox. It is cloud-based, making sharing of all the data on the drive much easier. It also allows users to sync contents between devices. For example, you access photos in the iCloud drive via the photos app.
What is iCloud drive used for?
iCloud Drive is an online storage space for all your files. “With iCloud Drive, you can safely store all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images and any other kind of document in iCloud – and access them from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC,” says Apple.
How do I see what’s in my iCloud drive?
You can preview your photos kept in iCloud even while using your Android device.
How to view iCloud Photos on Android
- Open a web browser on your Android device.
- Go to icloud.com.
- Tap the Settings button (three-dot icon) on the browser page.
- Select Desktop Site. It will change the site into a desktop version.
How do I see what’s in my iCloud?
You can easily see what is stored within iCloud from any iPhone or iPad:
- Open Settings and go to “iCloud”
- Tap on “Storage & Backup” then tap “Manage Storage”
- Look under “Documents & Data” to see which apps have iCloud documents available – note that both iOS and OS X apps storing documents in iCloud will be seen here.
How do I delete data from iCloud drive?
Delete folders or files in iCloud Drive
- Go to the Files app and tap Browse.
- Under Locations, tap iCloud Drive > Select.
- Choose the folders or files that you want to delete, then tap Trash .
- Go to Locations > Recently Deleted > Select.
- Choose the files that you want to delete.
- Tap Delete.