How can I work with animal conservation?
To gain an entry-level job in this field you will typically need to complete a Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, wildlife biology, agricultural science or a related field.
You may major in those topics, or you could choose concentrations in biology, forestry or zoology, to name a few.
What jobs are there in animal conservation?
- Wildlife Manager.
- Wildlife Biologist.
- Wildlife Educator.
- Public Educator and Outreach Specialist.
- Wildlife Law Enforcement Officer.
- Wildlife Technician.
- Wildlife Inspector and Forensics Specialist.
- Communications and Public Relations Specialist.
How do I start a career in conservation?
How to Get a Job in Conservation
- You won’t get rich, so you’d better love it.
- Get familiar with the jobs that are available.
- Make things happen for yourself.
- Passion isn’t enough, you need experience.
- Get educated, and don’t stop learning.
- Be a professional.
- Hone your applications to keep them out of the HR bin.
- Become great at interviews.
What degree do you need to work in an animal sanctuary?
You’ll need a degree in a subject such as zoology, ecology or biology and sometimes a PhD. Relevant volunteer work may also be necessary.