How do I get a job on a ship?
How to get a job on a cruise ship:
- Figure out if a life at sea is for you.
- Assess which cruise line you would like to work for and which onboard position would be most suitable for you.
- Create your customized cover letter and associated resume.
- Get your first offer of contract, celebrate, and join your first ship!
How much do you make working on a cargo ship?
|Salary Range (Percentile)|
1 more row
What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
Basic Requirements for Working on Cruise Ships
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Have the relevant visa or work permit – depending on where you are from and which countries you will be travelling to:
- Meet the language requirements relevant to your position.
How do you get a job on a ship with no experience?
Go to each cruise line’s main webpage and search for their employment links. Determine which position(s) you are best suited for. Look at all of your past employment, volunteer and/or educational experience. If you’re not sure what onboard position would best suit you speak with a Cruise Ship Employment Specialist.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
“In addition to their salary, crew members typically receive free medical care, room and board, meals, and many other benefits that are often unavailable in their home countries,” said a representative for the Cruise Lines International Association, a trade association for the cruise industry.
What is the best job on a cruise ship?
9 Best Jobs on a Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Captain. The cruise ship captain serves as the overall leader of the cruise.
- Gentleman Host. If you love to dance, a gentleman host is one of the best jobs on a cruise ship for you.
- Shore Excursions Manager.
- Youth Counsellor.
- Social Hosts and Hostess.
- Cruise Director.
What is a ship captain salary?
In 2017, the average pay for a ship captain was $80,970. The highest earners garnered $138,620 and the lowest reported salary for a ship captain was $35,640. Inland water transportation captains have the highest earning potential. The size of the boat and cargo influences the pay.
What jobs are on a cargo ship?
- Most Popular Cargo Ship Jobs. Cargo Specialist Airline Cargo Manager Aircraft Cargo Handling Supervisors Cargo Assistant Airline Cargo Agent Cargo Handler Cargo Surveyor Cargo Partner Cargo Agent Air Cargo Agent.
- People Searching Cargo Ship Also Searched.
- Top Cities for Cargo Ship Jobs.
- Top States for Cargo Ship Jobs.
Can I travel on a cargo ship?
Travelling by cargo ship is a fascinating way to see the world. You can do segments, one way or round trips (depending on the journey). Prices include meals, accommodation & port fees. You must be under 77 or 80 (depending on the shipping line) to do a cargo ship cruise.
Is working on cruise ship fun?
For the average person, cruise ships are essentially giant floating playgrounds full of crazy amenities like zip lines and planetariums, as well as a smorgasbord of all-you-can-eat buffets and restaurants. But for cruise ship workers, who spend months on end on the high seas, it’s a very different world.
Is Tattoo allowed in cruise ship?
Most cruise lines do not hire employees who fall outside of their strict grooming standards and this includes tattoos and piercings. In addition, due to the very strict safety standards that apply on all Cruise line vessels, the health and mobility of a candidate is scrutinized prior to a position being offered.
Why do foreigners work on cruise ships?
Hiring foreign nationals to work on cruise ships takes advantage of lower wages and lower cost of living in those countries. The wage that the cruise ship offers is significantly less than hiring a US worker would demand, but considerably above what the foreign worker will earn in his country.