How to turn on offline access
- On your computer, open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
- At the top left, click Main menu.
- Turn on Offline.
- Open Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides in your Chrome browser to work offline.
How do you make a document offline?
It’s available for both iOS and Android.
- Open the Google Docs app, and locate the file you want to edit offline. Tap the More button.
- Tap the Available offline button. The app will inform you when it’s done making the document available offline.
Why can’t I make a Google Doc available offline?
At the top left, click Main menu Settings. Turn on Offline. Note: If you turn on offline access for Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Drive, then the rest will also be available offline. Open Google Docs, Sheets, or Slidesin your Chrome browser to work offline.
How do I make Google Drive available offline?
Both Android and iPhone users will be able to save Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
How to edit Google Docs offline: Mobile app
- Open your Google Drive app.
- Next to the file you want, tap “More” (three stacked dots).
- Tap “Make Available Offline.”