How do I use the Home app?
iOS 10: How to control HomeKit devices with the Home app –
How do I add accessories to my home app?
How to add HomeKit-enabled accessories to your Home
- Launch Home.
- Tap the plus sign in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Add Accessory.
- Tap the accessory you want to add.
- Snap a photo of the 8-digit HomeKit code by aiming your camera at it.
- Type in the text field to give you accessory a name.
- Tap Done.
How do I set up HomeKit?
Open the Home app and tap Add Accessory or . Use the camera on your iOS device to scan the eight-digit HomeKit code, or QR code on the accessory or accessory documentation. If you have an iPhone 7 or later and see on your accessory, hold your iPhone near the accessory to add it. When your accessory appears, tap it.
How do I reset Apple home?
Press the top of HomePod to reset it
- Unplug HomePod, wait 5 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Wait 5 seconds, then touch your finger to the top of HomePod and hold it there.
- The white spinning light will turn red. Keep your finger down.
- Siri will say that your HomePod is about to reset.
Can I control my lights with iPhone?
Use Siri to Control Your Lights
Now that your lights are part of the Home app and Siri is activated, you can use voice commands to control your lights. For example, say, “Hey Siri,” and then “Turn on the lights.”
What does the Home app do on my iPhone?
The Apple Home app for iOS lets you securely control any smart home device labeled as a “Works with Apple HomeKit” accessory. In the app, you can organize your accessories by room, manage multiple accessories at the same time, control your home with Siri, and more.
Why can’t I turn keychain on?
If you can’t turn on iCloud Keychain
Make sure you meet the minimum system requirements for iCloud Keychain and try these steps instead: On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Choose Settings, tap [your name], then tap iCloud. Tap Keychain and slide to turn it on.
Where is home on an iPad?
The iPad’s Home button is the small, circular button at the bottom of the iPad. It’s also the only button on the face of the tablet. Apple’s design philosophy revolves around the idea that less is better, which makes it one of the few ways to control the iPad outside of the onscreen controls.
What is a HomeKit setup code?
The HomeKit setup code is usually located on the device itself or in the manual included with your accessory. You can also select I Don’t Have a Code or Cannot Scan if you just want to enter in the code manually. If your device uses Wi-Fi for connectivity, you may be asked to allow it to join your home network.
What can I use as a HomeKit hub?
There are several Apple devices that can act as a hub for your HomeKit setup. Apple TV (3rd generation or later), HomePod, and iPads running iOS 9 or above.
How do I control my TV with HomeKit?
Add AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs
- On your smart TV, go to the settings for Apple HomeKit and find a QR code.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Home app, tap , then tap Add Accessory.
- Use the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to scan the QR code on your TV screen.
- Wait for your smart TV to be added.
What is Homebridge?
Homebridge is a lightweight NodeJS server you can run on your home network that emulates the iOS HomeKit API. It supports Plugins, which are community-contributed modules that provide a basic bridge from HomeKit to various 3rd-party APIs provided by manufacturers of “smart home” devices.