What percentage of marriages survive infidelity?
About 75 percent of marriages survive if the male is cheating, and about 65 percent survive if the female is having an affair.
Can a relationship go back to normal after cheating?
Experts say it’s possible for couples to go on to have a happy relationship after infidelity, provided they’re willing to put in the work. “The couple can survive and grow after an affair,” says Coleman. “They have to—otherwise the relationship will never be gratifying.”
How do you work through cheating?
How to Move Forward when someone cheats
- Make sure there is remorse.
- Be honest about why it happened.
- Remove temptations to re-engage with the affair.
- Move forward with brutal honesty and care.
- Be selective about who you tell.
- Consider working with a licensed therapist.
How do you overcome infidelity and move on?
These strategies can help you find what you need to heal, to repair your marriage, and to move forward with your life.
- Ask lots of questions.
- Balance your rage with your need for information.
- Set a time limit on affair talk.
- Expect curveballs.
- Talk about how the affair has affected you.
- Don’t forgive quickly or easily.