Here are the three steps you should use when working with a narcissist:
- Determine if he or she is a true narcissist. First thing’s first. Find out if the person is a true narcissist.
- Know how a narcissist thinks. Narcissist work under their own set of rules.
How do you work with a narcissist?
Coping strategies for dealing with workplace narcissists
- Assess the relationship realistically.
- Maintain your professionalism.
- Flatter the narcissistic manager.
- Confront the problem gently and tactfully.
- Document your accomplishments.
- Be willing to accept criticism.
- Over respond to the manager’s pet peeves.
How do you handle a narcissist successfully?
Here’s how to deal with a narcissist:
- Don’t. Think haunted house.
- Kiss Up Or Shut Up. If they’re your boss or they have power over you, fighting makes it worse.
- Know What You Want And Get Payment Up Front. Don’t assume they’ll play fair.
- Ask, “What would people think?” They want to look good.
- Be Dexter.
What are the 9 traits of a narcissist?
9 official criteria for NPD
- grandiose sense of self-importance.
- preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love.
- belief they’re special and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people or institutions.
How can I help someone with narcissistic personality disorder?
With these findings as background, let’s examine ways that you can manage your own emotions when you’re dealing with people high in narcissism:
- Determine which type you’re dealing with.
- Acknowledge your annoyance.
- Appreciate where the behavior comes from.
- Evaluate the context.
- Maintain a positive outlook.
How do you shut down a narcissist?
How To Outsmart A Narcissist | 3 Ways To SHUT DOWN A Narcissist
How do you disarm a narcissist?
You need to know how to disarm a narcissist to make them a bit more tolerable.
- Don’t fall for the temptation to sink to their level.
- Don’t feed the ego.
- Don’t take responsibility for his emotions.
- Don’t use ultimatums.
- Don’t give him negative attention.