How To Get a Sales Job in 2021 With No Experience (Part 3 of 3)
This is the third installment of our sales hiring series, which explains how to land a sales position. In this section, I’ll go over the do’s and don’ts for your LinkedIn profile that I discovered when reviewing the 150+ applications. Then, from the standpoint of a hiring manager, I’ll describe how you can acquire a decent job in 2021.
How Can I Get Into Sales With No Experience?
To begin a career in sales, you don’t need any professional sales experience. Salary ranges for sales jobs vary greatly depending on where you live and work, but the top tier can earn up to $300,000 per year. Here are a few things you can look at to discover if you have what it takes to be successful in sales.
1. Show how your existing skills are transferable
It’s possible that you have more transferable skills than you believe. You may have an advantage if you’ve ever worked in retail or in a customer-facing position. If you are goal-oriented, even if you have never sold anything or attended a marketing course, you still have a shot.
2. Be willing to start from the bottom
Top sales prospects are constantly working on themselves, exercising active listening, developing rapport-building abilities, and keeping a good attitude even when faced with challenges. The sky’s the limit if you study up, learn some human psychology, work hard, and are willing to take the initiative!
3. Do your homework
To be successful in sales, you must first learn about your consumer and get to know them well before speaking with them. Don’t lie or fudge the truth when it comes to your sales experience. Make no rash decisions or commitments you can’t keep.
Follow These 5 Steps to Get a Sales Job
Step 1: Update your resume and LinkedIn profile
If you have a certain sales position in mind, you should tailor your CV to that position. Don’t forget to keep your LinkedIn profile up to date as well! (See one of the Do’s below) and include vital terms. If you’re looking for a new job, check your email before leaving the office.
Step 2: Find where to look for sales jobs
You might want to look for sales-related job postings on job boards. Some of the greatest job-search websites include SalesJobs, Rainmakers, and The Ladders. Make LinkedIn one of your primary job-search resources; more on this in the Do’s and Don’ts section.
Step 3: Connect with the hiring manager
If you’re interested in a sales position, make contact with the hiring manager as soon as possible. It’s really simple to do this on LinkedIn, especially if you have a premium account. Ask them a thought-provoking, open-ended inquiry to start a dialogue.
Step 4: Apply for the job
Send your CV and cover letter to your potential company if you wish to apply for a job. Along with your CV, send them a tailored cover letter describing why you want the job and why you’re a good fit. You might not be able to submit it if you don’t have a personal email address or phone number.
Step 5: Follow up and be patient
If you want to find a job, be patient and gently follow up until you receive a response.
How to Get a Sales Job: The Do’s
Here’s what you should do if you want to get a successful sales job (or just start into sales). When replying to LinkedIn posts, connect with the recruiting manager and compose a thoughtful LinkedIn message. Obtain an introduction from someone who is well-known in the field.
How to Get a Sales Job: The Don’ts
Don’t burn bridges if you want to get a decent sales career. If someone doesn’t react to your emails straight away, don’t take it personally. If you’re looking for a new job in 2021, follow up and ask the hiring manager for comments.
Bonus: Special Follow Up For Our Candidates Who Didn’t Get The Job
The CEO of a sales company had to reject 150 employment applications. He put out a request for support on LinkedIn, asking for help in finding a new hire. The post received over 70,000 views and over 100 comments from people promoting their businesses and job openings.
How do I start a sales job with no experience?
How to get a sales position if you don’t have any prior experience
- Be willing to start from the ground up.
- Prepare yourself.
- Create a network.
- Your transferable skills should be highlighted.
- Demonstrate that you completed your homework.
- Make your resume and cover letter as unique as possible.
What skills do you need to work in sales?
Top 5 abilities for a sales career
- Maintaining a positive mindset requires confidence.
- Resilience is the ability to communicate with conviction.
- Understanding the demands of clients requires active listening.
- Building rapport entails marketing your personality.
- Continuous self-improvement is a hallmark of the entrepreneurial spirit.
What is a good sales job to get into?
10 lucrative sales positions for natural-born salespeople
- Agent for real estate.
- Engineer in charge of sales.
- Agent for financial services sales.
- Agent for advertising sales.
- Agent for the insurance industry.
- Representative of the manufacturer.
- Sales agent for medical devices.
- Sales agent for software.
How do you become a sales rep?
How to Be a Successful Sales Representative
- Determine your objectives.
- Recognize that selling is a methodical process.
- Determine the source of your company’s problems.
- Every step should be counted.
- Make sure you’re selling to the proper folks.
- Encourage your staff to sell together.
- Review your phone calls.
- Follow in the footsteps of your classmates.
Is sales a good career?
It is not everyone’s first decision to pursue a career in sales. However, if you’re looking for a job that pays well and gives you the opportunity to flourish, you owe it to yourself to check into it. Personal pleasure, progress, an unrivaled income potential, and financial stability are all benefits of working in sales.
How do I sell myself for sales job?
In a sales interview, here are six ways to market yourself.
- Before you start, do some preliminary research. Investigate the company, the job position it is offering, and the items it sells.
- Place a premium on your newly updated skill set.
- Your Specific Sales Metrics should be highlighted.
- Examine the particulars.
- Attempt to answer the unspoken “So What?” question.
- Finish the interview with a bang.
Can anyone do sales?
Yes, some people are born with a natural desire to sell. However, the majority of the truly exceptional ones are students. Don’t undervalue yourself. You have the ability to quickly learn what you need to know to be a huge success.
Why should I do sales?
If you’re still unsure what you want to do with the rest of your life, sales can provide you with a wealth of transferable skills and insights into the business world. You’ll improve your professional skills in addition to gaining insider knowledge about businesses.
Do you need a degree to work in sales?
While many professional careers necessitate a four-year degree in a specific field, many sales positions do not. However, other sales businesses, such as the pharmaceutical industry, almost always demand at least a four-year degree.
Can you get rich in sales?
Selling a product can earn you a lot of money, but it won’t get you anywhere near the level of private aircraft and yachts. This is true whether you sell your product yourself or license it to another company. Selling a company, not a product, is the only way to achieve that amount of wealth.
How do you make money from sales?
Getting recurring business from consumers is one of the best strategies to make money in sales. If you don’t follow up with customers, you’ll have a harder time convincing them to buy from you again. You and your support team can handle any difficulties the customer may have when you follow up.
What are the easiest sales jobs?
The Best Sales Jobs for Newcomers
- Positions that are paid on a commission basis. Getty Images / Westend61 .
- Inside sales is a term used to describe the process of selling Inside sales is a fast-growing section of the sales business that offers a variety of challenges and opportunities for training, as well as the potential for a lucrative career.
- Sales of insurance.
- Sales to the general public.
- Sales of mobile phones.
- Sales of real estate.
Is sales a hard career?
It’s Not Easy Being a Salesperson. Working in sales is a demanding profession. If you’re thinking about a sales job, you should know that you’ll have to work very hard and for lengthy periods of time before you can enjoy any of the benefits of working in sales. It takes a lot of effort to accomplish this.
How can I learn sales?
Anyone may learn these 15 sales skills and become a better salesperson.
- 15 Sales Techniques Determine your level of comfort.
- Determine your level of comfort. Everyone is a salesperson, according to Daniel Pink, author of “To Sell Is Human.”
- Learn to stack your habits.
- Prospecting should be done in a strategic manner.
- Become an expert in your field.
- Increase the effectiveness of your conversation.
- Keep a close eye on the situation.
- Make the most of your empathy.
What exactly does a sales rep do?
Sales reps are a company’s primary point of contact with its clients. Sales representatives ensure that current customers have the correct products and services, identify new markets and customer leads, and pitch prospective clients.