How to Become a Voice Actor for Animation and Cartoon
These tips and tricks can help you break into the field of cartoon voice acting. Breaking into the field of cartoon voice acting is a lot easier than you might think, and with hard work and persistence, you can make your way into the world of character work.
Performing Cartoon Voice Over Work Remotely
The ease with which cartoon voice actors can record high-quality voice over performances is one of the reasons why animation animators have the unique ability to work from home. The COVID-19 restrictions have brought most film shoots to a halt.
How do you become a voice actor for cartoons?
There are a variety of ways to get voice acting work, including pay-to-play sites like Bodalgo.com, Mandy.com, Voice123, and Voices.com, which have a large number of audition opportunities but are highly competitive.
How much do cartoon voice actors make?
If you’re doing voice over for cartoons and animation, you can expect to earn anywhere from $100 for a short 15-second animation to $10,000 for a starring role in an animated short, and even more if you’re cast in the lead role in an animated feature film.
How do you get a job as a voice actor?
To summarize, if you want to get into voice acting online, you should:
- Get voice over training or coaching.
- Continue to read aloud (see our sample voice over script library)
- Seek out pro bono work to build your resume.
- Record several voice over demos, each highlighting a different aspect of your ability.
Who is the highest paid voice actor?
Here is a list of the world’s wealthiest voice actors in 2020.
- Matt Stone has a net worth of $500 million, Seth MacFarlane has a net worth of $200 million, Jim Henson has a net worth of $90 million, Mike Judge has a net worth of $75 million, Hank Azaria has a net worth of $70 million, Harry Shearer has a net worth of $65 million, Nancy Cartwright has a net worth of $60 million, and Dan Castellaneta has a net worth of $60 million.
How do I become a voice actor with no experience?
Here are a few things you can do to improve your chances of becoming a successful voice actor:
- Hire a voice-acting coach.
- Listen to the pros.
- Record a demo.
- Voice acting isn’t just reading words on a pageu2014it requires acting skill.
Does voice acting pay well?
As an established voice talent, your earnings as a voice actor can range from $35 for a small market radio spot, $150 for a 15 second recording for a small website, $250 u2013 $350 for a 30 second major market radio commercial (plus use fees), to around $2000 u2013 $5000 per audiobook.
What is the highest-paid cartoon?
Disney’s The Lion King is the highest-grossing animated film of the twentieth century, with a global box office gross of $968 million adjusted for inflation, making it the only 2D animated feature on the list.
Do you need a degree to be a voice actor?
A bachelor’s degree or training in acting may be beneficial to those who wish to pursue a career as a voice-over actor. These actors provide the voices for animated characters in TV shows and movies.
Can you be a voice actor from home?
When you’re just getting started as a voice actor, one simple way to overcome your fear of being silly is to audition for roles that are similar to your own personality.
How can I make money with my voice?
How to Use Your Voice to Make Money at Home
- Voice Overs for Videos. Voice overs for videos are one of the most popular at-home jobs using your voice.
- Voice Overs for Commercials. Voicing commercials is another way to make money at home using your voice.
- Sell Radio Ads. You can also sell radio ads from home using your voice.
- Create Audio Books.
Is Animaker really free?
It’s free to use, and no credit card is required. Animaker has helped over 10 million people create amazing videos on their own!
How do I make my voice sound like a narrator?
13 More Tips for Recording Narration Like a Pro
- Place your microphone in the correct position.
- Record a demo to make sure everything sounds right.
- Listen to the audio playback with headphones.
- Don’t get distracted by animations and annotations.
- Make sure your script is conversational and easy to read.
Is Animaker voice free?
If you’re as excited as we are about the creative possibilities of Animaker Voice, you can get started for free right now by visiting Animaker Voice.