What does it take to work at a wildlife sanctuary?
A bachelor’s degree in conservation biology is often required to manage a National Wildlife Refuge.
Typically, a 4-year degree is needed to work as a manager on a wildlife reserve.
For research positions, graduate degrees are often required.
How much do wildlife rehabilitators get paid?
Most wildlife rehabilitators are volunteers. Paid positions do exist, however. The general annual pay range is between $20,000 and $40,000, with senior positions at large facilities having salaries of up to $75,000 per year.
How do I get a job at Wolf Sanctuary?
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must be able to commit a minimum of two work sessions per month to the Sanctuary (min.
- Must respect the animals in W.O.L.F.’s care.
- Must be willing to participate in all aspects of Sanctuary work.
How do I start a career in conservation?
How to Get a Job in Conservation
- You won’t get rich, so you’d better love it.
- Get familiar with the jobs that are available.
- Make things happen for yourself.
- Passion isn’t enough, you need experience.
- Get educated, and don’t stop learning.
- Be a professional.
- Hone your applications to keep them out of the HR bin.
- Become great at interviews.