The process for getting a Pentagon job depends on the type of employment you’re seeking.
- Research Pentagon-based jobs at USAJobs.gov, the “one-stop shopping” site for employment opportunities with most federal agencies, including those housed in the Pentagon.
- Prepare a federal jobs resume.
What agencies work in the Pentagon?
- Department of the Army.
- Department of the Navy.
- Department of the Air Force.
- National Security Agency.
- Defense Intelligence Agency.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
- National Reconnaissance Office.
How do you join the Pentagon?
The Pentagon can be reached via its own dedicated Metro stop on the Blue and Yellow lines or you may choose to park at Pentagon City Mall and make the five-minute walk to the Pentagon via pedestrian tunnel. Once you’ve arrived, check in at the Pentagon Tours window near the Metro entrance.
What do you do in the Pentagon?
The Pentagon is the headquarters building of the United States Department of Defense. As a symbol of the U.S. military, the phrase The Pentagon is also often used as a metonym for the Department of Defense and its leadership.
Is there really a Taco Bell in the Pentagon?
Luckily, there are a number of food options at the Pentagon, including five different food courts that have outposts of almost every fast food restaurant you can think of: Baskin Robbins, Subway, KFC, McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, Popeyes—and of course, Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks to keep everyone well
Is Pentagon open to public?
The Pentagon, located just outside Washington, DC in Arlington, Va., is the headquarters for the United States Department of Defense. It is open for official tours through the Pentagon Tours program. Pentagon tours must be reserved at least 14 days in advance and no more than 90 days in advance.
What organizations fall under the Department of Defense?
- Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute (AFRRI)
- Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA)
- Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
How do I apply for a job on base?
Learn about the Federal Application Process
- Create a USAJOBS Profile. First, you need to create an account and complete your profile to apply to any job on USAJOBS.
- Search for Jobs.
- Review Job Announcement.
- Prepare your application in USAJOBS.
- Submit application to agency.
How do I get a job with DOD?
Also known as the DOD, this government agency lists all available jobs online to help you see which jobs are right for you.
- Create Your Resume. Before getting a job at the Department of Defense, you need to have a strong resume.
- Prepare for the Background Check.
- Search Carefully.
- Consider Enlisting.
- Have the Right Skills.
How do I get a civilian job on base?
How to Get a Job on Base
- You have to start with volunteering. You have heard it before, and for good reason.
- Take the workshop already. Many installations offer workshops to help you navigate the application process for jobs on base.
- Fill out the Spouse Preference form. While you’re there, ask about spouse preference.