How do I work for Uber?
Uber Driver Requirements
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- Licensed to drive in the US for at least one year, or three years if you’re under age 23.
- Have access to a 4-door vehicle that is 10 years old or newer (in most cities)
- In-state auto insurance with your name on the policy.
- In-state driver’s license.
How do I use Uber for the first time?
Here’s the simple step-by-step on how to use Uber for the first time:
- Open and log into the Uber app on your device.
- Type your destination into the “Where to?” section.
- Select the type of vehicle you would like at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “request” and then confirm the pickup location.
Is it worth working for Uber?
Being a driver for Uber or Lyft seems like a great side hustle. However, after the costs of driving strangers around town you might not earn as much as you’d think. We did the research to find out if being a rideshare driver is really worth your time. Some of you may even be considering becoming an Uber or Lyft driver.
How do Uber drivers get paid?
Uber claims that their drivers take home $25 per hour and Lyft claims that drivers can earn as much as $35 per hour. However, Lyft takes 20 percent of each fare — plus the entire booking fee — while Uber takes 25 percent from each fare.