Do you make more money with Lyft or Uber?
The results show that Lyft drivers earned an average of about $17.50 per hour, or almost $2 per hour more than what was reported by Uber drivers. This generally makes sense: Lyft ride rates tend to be a little higher than Uber, so drivers should make more.
How is it to work for Lyft?
How to become a Lyft driver:
- Navigate to Lyft’s application requirements page.
- Enter your phone number and verify it.
- Add your vehicle information.
- Add your driver’s license information.
- Agree to a background check.
- Take your vehicle in for an inspection.
- Check on your application status.
Is working for uber worth it?
To understand what you’ll be earning and whether or not driving for Uber is worth it, or any other rideshare service, there are some costs you’ll need to factor into your earnings. Here are the expenses you’ll need to consider as a rideshare driver: Wear and tear of your car. Insurance, and this isn’t normal insurance.
Does Uber care if you drive for Lyft?
The short answer is yes, you can (and should) drive for both services at the same time. Why choose Uber vs. Lyft when you can drive for both? As a rideshare driver, you are technically an “independent contractor.” This means you are essentially running your own business.