To get hired on a yacht with no experience you need to:
- Be in the right place at the right time.
- Have a professional resume.
- Register with Luxury Yacht Group.
- Complete basic STCW classes.
- Build references with day work.
- Maintain contact 24/7.
How much do you make working on a yacht?
Compensation for chief stews runs anywhere from $3,450 to $5,650 a month on smaller yachts (80 to 140 feet) to $5,200 to $8,000 a month on yachts over 140 feet. It is very common now to see $65K and $70K salaries, or even $90K+ on the much larger vessels.
Is it hard to get a job on a yacht?
A question we’re often asked at Superyacht Crew Agency is, “Can you get a job on a superyacht without experience?” The answer is yes, absolutely. The most common entry-level positions are Deckhand and Stewardess roles, but on larger yachts, it’s also possible to secure an entry-level position as the Crew Cook.
How do you become a crew member on a yacht?
Essential things to know to get your first crew position ABOARD A SUPERYACHT.
- There ARE Superyacht Crew jobs available.
- Kick Start your Superyacht Career.
- Register with Crew Agencies. Prepare a Resume/CV.
- Be Professional.
- Useful Skills.
- Get top pay for your superyacht crew job.
- Commitment Counts.
Is Yachting a good career?
There are currently over 15,000 yachts in the world large enough to require professional, qualified yacht crew and as a result this industry is growing rapidly each year. A career in yachting can be rewarding, exciting and a wonderful opportunity to travel the world and explore new horizons!