How can I improve my marriage without counseling?
10 Strategies to Help Solve Your Marriage Problems
- Surround yourselves with people in healthy relationships.
- Choose to love.
- Act as if your spouse’s happiness is more important than your own.
- Put the relationship ahead of everything, including your children.
- Start over from scratch.
- Stop taking one-another for granted.
- Pray for your spouse.
- Get counseling.
How can I fix my marriage by myself?
Here’s how to do that:
- Stop talking to your spouse about your marriage problems.
- Don’t tell him what he’s doing wrong.
- Don’t tell her what she should be doing differently.
- Stop blaming your partner.
- Quit giving your friends a play-by-play of your last fight.
How do you deal with a failing marriage?
Here are eight tips to help you cope with what may be the greatest emotional and psychological challenge of your life:
- Mourn, baby, mourn.
- Stop fighting with your ex.
- Let it all hang out — among friends.
- Reframe your anger.
- Keep the kids out of it.
- Take care of yourself.
- Don’t beat yourself up.
- Aim for indifference.