Can an aggressive dog be cured?
Aggression is one of the top reasons dog owners seek the help of a professional dog trainer or animal behaviorist. Although aggression can’t be cured overnight, there are steps you can take to curb the aggressive behavior and help your dog remain calm.
What do you do with an aggressive dog?
The safest and most effective way to treat an aggression problem is to implement behavior modification under the guidance of a qualified professional. Modifying a dog’s behavior involves rewarding her for good behavior—so you’ll likely be more successful if your dog enjoys praise, treats and toys.
How do I make my aggressive dog friendly?
- Be Calm and Decisive. Be calm and do not put continuous tension on the leash.
- Teach Our Dog Avoidance. Teach our dog avoidance.
- Create Space or Block the Other Dog.
- Create Neutral Experiences.
- Protect our Dog.
- Keep Greetings Short and Sweet.
- Be Aware of Aggressive Triggers.
- Desensitize our Dog to Other Dogs.