15 Great First Jobs for 18 Year Olds
When a person reaches 18 and becomes a legal adult, they have access to more work prospects than when they were a minor. Many organizations start hiring at the age of 18, with many entry-level opportunities available. There are numerous sectors and job types to choose from.
Even if most 18-year-olds don’t have a lengthy portfolio or big professional network, they can get work in practically every area. Counselors lead groups of kids through various outdoor activities, arts and crafts, and games. Tea is brewed, coffee beans are ground, espresso shots are pulled, and milk is steamed by baristas. Caregivers help persons of all ages with basic personal care such as bathing, toileting, dressing, and taking medicine. Food parcels and other commodities are delivered to various locations by delivery drivers. Assistant store managers assist retail shop managers with day-to-day operations.
Tellers execute financial transactions behind the counter of a bank or other financial institution. Lawns, gardens, and other outside areas are maintained by landscape technicians. Data clerks insert customer information and other data into databases to keep them up to date. Apprentice electricians assist a licensed electrician in the installation and maintenance of electrical equipment. Tutors work with students one-on-one or in groups to help them understand various ideas.
They assist students in establishing academic goals and developing study plans to achieve them. The national average hourly wage is $21.75 per hour.
What are the best jobs for 18-year-olds?
There are 15 jobs available for 18-year-olds.
- Counselor in a summer camp The national average hourly wage is $9.17.
- Barista. The national average hourly wage is $11.65.
- Server. The national average hourly wage is $11.71.
- Lifeguard. The national average hourly wage is $11.89 per hour.
- A delivery person.
- Store manager’s assistant
- Representative for customer service.
What job can I do at 18?
What Are Some Good Entry-Level Jobs For 18-Year-Olds?
- Coach for sports.
- Holder of the keys.
- Assistant to the Administrator.
- Marketing over the internet.
- Jobs in a bar.
- Driver for delivery.
How can I get a job immediately?
20 Unusual Ways to Get Hired Quickly
- Make an effort to be specific. When looking for a new career, time is of the essence.
- Don’t be satisfied with mediocrity. When it comes to where you want to work, be explicit.
- Don’t just give up.
- Keep in mind the cover letter.
- Resume for a specific job.
- Maintain a straightforward approach.
- Employment isn’t the only factor to consider.
- Dress for the occasion.
Is it normal to not have a job at 18?
No. In most locations, you can’t work until you’re sixteen, so not having to work till you’re 18 isn’t unusual. It would only show up if you were applying for jobs while at university. Because if a restaurant had the option of hiring you or someone with a year of experience from high school, they will almost certainly choose the latter.
How can an 18 year old make money from home?
The Top 14 Online Jobs for Teenagers
- Blogger. The minimum age requirement is 13 years old.
- Cafe Press is number two. The minimum age requirement is 13 years old.
- Tutor in English. When registering for SameSpeak, you must be 16 years old or older, and for SkimaTalk, you must be 18 years old or older.
- I work as a freelance writer.
- Crafts are for sale.
- Cut the pie into slices.
What is the world’s easiest job?
So, if you’re looking for some ideas, here are some of the most simple and well-paying occupations you might undertake!
- Taster of ice cream
- Stylist for hire.
- Technician for swimming pools.
- A person who walks dogs
- Operator of a scale. $14.13 is the average hourly rate.
- Tester for video games $13.37 per hour is the average hourly rate.
- Sitter for a house $11.35 per hour is the average hourly rate.
Can you start an apprenticeship at 18?
Who’s up for it? Apprenticeships are available to anyone over the age of 16 who is not enrolled in a full-time educational program. There is no upper age limit, however they are typically directed at people between the ages of 16 and 24.
What jobs can you get at 19?
When you’re in college, the ideal jobs are those that pay well enough for you to sustain yourself while still allowing you to focus on your academics. College
- Teller at a bank.
- Therapist who specializes in massage.
- Preparer of tax returns.
- Receptionist at a dental office.
How do I get a job in 2020?
Your search for a more satisfying employment can begin right now.
- Determine the narrative you want to tell about your career.
- Concentrate on networking rather than tinkering with your resume.
- Make a list of companies where you’d like to work.
- Make the job hunt a priority by scheduling it.
- Make your job search specific by tailoring your application materials.
What to do if I can’t find a job?
Consider taking on a temp work if you need a job right immediately. To keep up with your payments and expenses, you may contact a temp agency, try gig work, or take on short-term employment.
What are the easiest jobs to get hired?
25 Part-Time Jobs That Are Simple To Do
- Sitter for pets.
- Driver for a ridesharing service.
- Host at a restaurant
- Front Desk/Reception of a salon or spa.
- Social Media Assistant
- Proctor the test.
- Tutor. Tutoring jobs in your field of expertise are a great way to generate additional money without committing to a long-term commitment if you’re a college student or instructor.
Is it OK to not have a job at 17?
Most individuals don’t have employment when they’re 17, so don’t worry about it. If you believe you need to work, you should go out and look for one; there are plenty of opportunities for anyone who are ready to put in the effort. That twelve-week summer job at 40 hours a week was sufficient. You should, however, have a job.
Is it OK to not have a job at 19?
While not having a job or going to school at the age of 19 isn’t necessarily a terrible thing, it isn’t necessarily good if you aren’t doing anything to help pull your weight on this planet. If you have someone ready to let you crash on their couch, it doesn’t have to be a paid job.
What percentage of 18 year olds have jobs?
Young people were employed 46.7 percent of the time in July 2020, down from 56.2 percent in July 2019. (July is traditionally the busiest month for young employment.) In July 2020, the young unemployment rate was 18.5 percent, down from 26.9 percent in April but still over twice as high as a year earlier.