Jobs for 14- and 15-Year-Olds
Jobs for 14 and 15-year-olds are available in a range of industries. There may be rules and restrictions on the type of work you can do depending on where you live. The following restrictions are imposed under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): You are not permitted to work in any dangerous occupation, such as mining or logging. Counselors assist in the facilitation of games, walks, sing-alongs, and other camp activities. Retail establishments and fast-food restaurants usually hire cashiers.
Dog walkers can be self-employed or employed by a specialized company. Some dog walkers only walk one dog at a time, while others walk many pets.
Restaurant hosts and hostesses are in charge of welcoming customers, directing them to available tables, presenting menus, and notifying them about specials. Grocery baggers assist consumers by sorting purchased groceries into bags and assisting customers in carrying bags to their automobiles. Customers are greeted by ice cream scoopers who offer menu ideas, samples, and scoop and serve ice cream goods. In your neighborhood, there may be more career options for 14- and 15-year-olds. Try being inventive and see if anyone in your neighborhood is willing to compensate you for your talents. There are various job options that might help you establish a successful career if you’re looking for work experience.
Can you get a job when your 13?
Although the legal age to begin working is 14 in most places, a 13-year-old can nonetheless work part-time occupations ranging from babysitting to gardening. While there is no limit on how much a 13-year-old can earn, several states limit the amount of hours a child this age can work in a single day.
What jobs can you do at 14 years old?
What kind of jobs are available to 14 and 15-year-olds?
- Barista. The national average hourly wage is $11.66.
- Busser. The national average hourly wage is $10.87.
- Caddy. The national average hourly wage is $14.43.
- Cashier. The national average hourly wage is $11.52.
- A person who walks dogs
Can a 12 year old work UK?
Anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited from working in the United Kingdom. If you’re about to turn 13, however, why not register with us now and then apply when you’re old enough to work? Don’t worry; we’ve got plenty of work ideas for 12 year olds to help you make some additional cash.
Can you get a job 14?
In the United States, an adolescent can legally work at the age of 14. Office and secretarial work, cooking with an electric or gas grill (no open flames), cashiering, price marking, and bagging are all jobs that the federal government allows 14-year-olds and older minors to do.
What is a good job for a 13 year old?
13 fantastic occupations for 13-year-olds
- Babysitter. For 13-year-olds, babysitting is a terrific profession.
- Gardener or lawnmower? Working as a lawn mower or gardener is a great alternative for your 13-year-old if he or she enjoys being outside.
- A person who walks dogs
- A house sitter or a pet sitter
- Car shampooer.
- Junior counselor at a summer camp.
- Newspaper carrier.
Can a 13 year old drink Red Bull?
(Energy drinks should not be marketed to children under the age of 12, according to the American Beverage Association, and other popular brands such as Red Bull and Rockstar have similar labeling advising against consumption by minors.)
How much do 14 year olds get paid at mcdonalds?
Although there are few exceptions, you must be paid the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour in most cases.
How can I earn money at 14?
14-Year-Olds Can Make Money in 6 Different Ways
- Babysitter. Getty Images/Adie Bush
- Working in a restaurant or for a company. Getty Images/gchutka
- The route of the paper. Getty Images/Rocko and Betty
- Yard work and snow shoveling are two things that come to mind when it comes to yard work and snow shoveling Getty Images/Hero Images
- Taking Care of Animals Getty Images/redheadpictures
- Counselor at a Junior Camp. Getty Images/Susan Chiang
Can you work at Starbucks at 14?
– Of course. Starbucks hires minors as early as 14 years old as long as they follow state child labor laws regarding work permits and hours.
What kind of job can a 12 year old get?
5 Jobs for 12-Year-Olds That Are Age-Appropriate
- Babysitter. Getty Images/Adie Bush For 12-year-olds, babysitting is a common employment.
- Worker in the yard Getty Images/Hero Images
- Walker of dogs. Getty Images/Paul Plews
- House- and pet-sitting services are available. Getty Images/Kevin Dodge
- Tutor. Getty Images/Hero Images
What jobs can u do at 12?
There are numerous part-time occupations available for 12-year-olds; you might consider performing, modeling, gardening, working for your parents, or washing and cleaning automobiles.
What is the youngest age to get a job in the UK?
What is the legal working age in the United Kingdom? Children under the age of 16 are not allowed to work full-time, however they can work for a restricted amount of hours starting at the age of 13.
Can a 14 year old work at Subway?
Employees at Subway must be 16 years old in order to work there. Is it possible to get a job at Subway at the age of 15? – Of course. Minors as young as 15 are permitted to work at Subway under certain state restrictions.
Can you be 14 and work at Walmart?
To work at Walmart, you must be at least 16 years old, and to work at Sam’s Club, you must be at least 18. Certain jobs, however, require that you be at least 18 years old. Have your previous employment history on hand as you prepare to submit your application.
What is the highest paying job for 14 year olds?
Here are some of today’s best-paying teen jobs:
- Sitter for pets.
- Product Merchandiser is a term used to describe a person who works in the
- Assisting with sales.