Home | FBIJOBS
From 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 31, all users will be unable to access FBIJobs.gov, the SA Applicant Portal, and the Records Automation Portal. Learn about new FBI employment openings in Huntsville, AL, where you might play a key role in our mission.
Is it hard to get into the FBI?
Becoming an FBI agent is a very competitive and rigorous process. To develop yourself into the type of candidate the FBI is searching for, it takes years of time, planning, and hard work. It won’t happen overnight, and the hiring process alone may take a year or more.
How much money do FBI agents make?
From 2018 to 2028, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 5% increase in posts for all criminal investigators (including FBI agents), which is about in line with the national average. Salary and Future Prospects
|Career||Average Annual Salary|
|ENTRY-LEVEL FBI AGENT||$51,921|
|MID- TO SENIOR-LEVEL FBI AGENT||$78,681|
How much does a starting FBI agent make?
The General Schedule, which covers the bulk of white-collar federal employees, is used to calculate FBI agent salaries. There are 15 grades in the General Schedule, ranging from GS-1 (lowest) through GS-15 (highest) (highest). An FBI agent’s starting pay grade is GS-10, which in 2018 ranges from $48,289 to $62,787 per year.
Do FBI get paid well?
The average monthly wage for a Special Agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation ( FBI ) in the United States is $72,636, which is in line with the national average.
How can I join the FBI or CIA?
What are the steps to becoming a CIA agent?
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Consider going back to school for a master’s degree.
- Learn one or two foreign languages and become fluent in them.
- Obtain useful experience.
- Completing the necessary testing and medical examinations is a must.
- Completing an internal training program is a must.
How long is FBI Academy?
The Fundamentals. Over 800 hours of training, including a variety of web-based courses, will be provided in four primary areas: academics, case exercises, firearms training, and operational abilities. At the moment, new agent training lasts about 20 weeks. It’s a demanding program, but participants aren’t on their own.
How much do CIA agents get paid?
Salary for CIA agents varies, but you may expect to earn anywhere from $50,000 to $95,000 per year, depending on the job, your experience, and degree of education.
What job makes the most money?
Prepare to be matched!
- Anesthesiologist is the best-paying job in the world.
- Surgeon is ranked number two on the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Surgeon specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery. #3 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Gynecologist and Obstetrician #4 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Orthodontist. #5 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Prosthodontist. #6 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Psychiatrist. #7 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
What is the highest paying FBI job?
Criminal Justice Jobs with the Best Pay
- Lawyer. $142,000 is the average salary.
- Magistrates and judges. The average annual salary is $121,000.
- Analyst for Intelligence. $94,000 is the average salary.
- Psychologist who specializes in forensics. $93,000 is the average salary.
- Examiner of Finances. $92,000 is the average salary.
- Criminologist. $83,000 is the average salary.
- Professor in a university. $69,000 is the average salary.
- Agent with the FBI.
How much does FBI make an hour?
California Fbi Agent Salary
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
Is working for the FBI a good job?
Employee Reviews by the Federal Bureau of Investigation ( FBI ). It’s an excellent location to work. A highly family-friendly workplace with excellent compensation and perks. The things you see and do are incredible.
How much do retired FBI agents make?
Special agents can advance to the GS-13 pay grade on the field. They can advance to the GS-15 level in supervisory and executive jobs. As of 2018, an agent earns $105,123 per year if she retires at the GS-15, step one pay grade, and $136,659 per year if she retires at the GS-15, step ten pay grade.
Do FBI agents get days off?
As a result, the FBI provides the following vacation programs: Annual Leave – FBI workers earn days of annual leave based on the number of years they have worked for the federal government (this includes civilian and most military service, with exceptions).
Does the FBI hire right out of college?
Before applying to the FBI as a special agent, we require a college diploma as well as a minimum of three years of continuous job experience. That provides opportunities for those who are fresh out of college, such as the Honors Internship Program and our Collegiate Hire Program.
Does FBI hire nurses?
Medical Professionals on Staff If you don’t want to be an agent, the FBI seeks certified nurses for professional staff positions. FBI nurses work in the FBI’s domestic and international field offices, as well as the Health Care Programs Unit in Washington, DC.