Jobs for 17-Year-Olds
During the school year, 17-year-olds can work a full-time job for 40 hours each week. You can work up to 35 hours each week during the school break. If you are over the age of 18, you can only work for a maximum of 2 hours on a Sunday.
Pay Rate For A 17-Year-Old
A 17-year-old must be paid the age-appropriate minimum wage. Your boss is breaching the law if you aren’t compensated. In addition, you will be required to begin paying income tax. In England, the current minimum wage is £4.55 per hour.
What are the best jobs for 17 year olds?
Summer Job Opportunities for 17-Year-Olds
- Become a Lifeguard by filling out the form below. Getty Images/Jabe Jon If you’re a teenager who enjoys swimming, lifeguarding might be a fun summer job.
- Sturti/Getty Images sturti/Getty Images sturti/Getty Images sturt
- Become a waiter or waitress in a restaurant. Getty Images/Bo1982.
- Begin your career as a babysitter. Getty Images/asiseeit
- Worker on the golf course Getty Images/ranplett
Why is it so hard to get a job at 17?
It is especially difficult for the inexperienced or low-skilled, because businesses reason that if they are obliged to pay a greater wage, they might as well hire someone with the necessary experience and abilities.
How can I get a job at 17?
Put your best foot forward and demonstrate employers that you’re responsible to increase your chances of getting hired as a teen.
- Get the word out! You’re on the lookout.
- Look into the laws governing the employment of minors.
- Start looking for job openings.
- Get assistance with your application.
- After you’ve submitted your application, make sure to follow up.
- Interviewing for a job is something you should practice.
Is it bad to not have a job at 17?
Most individuals don’t have employment when they’re 17, so don’t worry about it. If you believe you need to work, you should go out and look for one; there are plenty of opportunities for anyone who are ready to put in the effort. That twelve-week summer job at 40 hours a week was sufficient. You should, however, have a job.
How can I make money at 17?
What Can I Do to Make Money as a Teenager?
- At school, you can sell your belongings. This is one of the best ways for a teenager to gain money.
- Participate in surveys.
- Get paid to surf the internet and play video games.
- Create a channel on YouTube.
- It’s Time to Get Rid of Your Old Stuff.
- Install the following apps.
- Learn a Lucrative Skill.
Can you work at Walmart at 17?
To work at Walmart, you must be at least 16 years old, and to work at Sam’s Club, you must be at least 18. Have your previous employment history on hand as you prepare to submit your application. Please visit our job search page to apply for positions that you are qualified for.
How can I get my first job at 16?
16-year-olds, on the other hand, still have some good possibilities and can come up with imaginative ways to get their first jobs, even if they lack experience. This can be accomplished by being aware of age constraints, having a résumé, utilizing your contacts, creating a career for yourself, researching internet prospects, and preparing for an interview.
Can u get a full time job at 16?
Young people can begin working full-time as soon as they finish high school, which is on the final Friday in June of the year they turn 16. Even if a young person starts a full-time employment at the age of 16, they must still complete at least 280 hours of directed learning in school or training each year.
How can I get my first job at 15?
Teens: How to Get Your First Part-Time Job
- Finding your first part-time job is a daunting task.
- Preparing for a Job Search
- Make a straightforward resume.
- It’s Important to Look Good.
- Leads might be found by tapping into your network.
- Make a list of places where you want to apply.
- Be ready to be rejected.
- Prepare yourself for an interview.
Does Apple hire 17 year olds?
Q: Can you tell me about your job? Apple has few, if any, employment openings for 16-year-olds, so you’ll have to wait till you’re older. You can inquire about the minimum age requirement at Apple retail outlets, although in most situations, they prefer somebody with more experience than someone your age generally has.
What is the best first job?
The Top 20 Most Common First-Time Job Possibilities
- A babysitter, a cashier, a lab assistant, a newspaper delivery person, a teacher, a camp counselor, a retail worker, and a dishwasher.
What percentage of 17 year olds have jobs?
The number of employed adolescents 16 to 24 years old climbed by 4.4 million to 17.5 million from April to July 2020, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. Young people were employed 46.7 percent of the time in July 2020, down from 56.2 percent in July 2019.
Is it bad that I don’t have a job at 16?
No, it’s not horrible; you’re 16 years old and don’t have a job. However, you should go out and look for work. If you have a job, you can begin saving for your objectives. Alternatively, if you intend to remain at home until you turn 18, you could begin paying your parents rent.
What’s a good age to start working?
People receive entry-level jobs in the current system straight after college or other training, usually while they’re between the ages of 20 and 25. That was also the age period when they were most likely to start a family until lately.