40 Great Jobs You Can Get Without a Degree
Many vocations do not require a four-year college diploma but can still provide excellent career opportunities.
A college diploma is a valuable possession, but it takes several years and a large sum of money to obtain. These jobs can lead to lucrative careers and can be started immediately after high school. Computers are used by data entry clerks to enter alphanumeric data into a company’s database. Mail carriers sift mail before delivering it to homes and businesses, either by truck or on foot. A coder’s employment entails constructing websites, designing webpages, and creating other visual content. To raise client awareness, a marketing representative employs various strategies and techniques.
Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical devices and networks is the responsibility of electricians. Sales representatives collaborate closely with the sales and development teams to find the appropriate pricing and marketing channels for each product and service offered by the hiring firm. An apprenticeship or a non-degree school education is all that is required of HVAC technicians. In the sale or leasing of a real estate property, real estate brokers represent one of the two parties. Commercial pilots do not need a college diploma because the only educational need is a one-year private pilot certificate. Other typical jobs that don’t require a degree include dental hygienist and travel agent.
Is it possible to get a job without a degree?
Even for applicants with bachelor’s degrees, obtaining a good job can be tough. Although many FlexJobs businesses prefer applicants with at least a bachelor’s degree, many others value hard effort and experience over a credential. Without a college diploma, it is feasible to get work.
What job pays well without a degree?
25 High-Paying Jobs You Can Get Without a Four-Year Degree
- ATC stands for Air Traffic Controller. The average pay is $122,990.
- Installer and repairer of elevators. The average wage is $84,990.
- Technician with nuclear reactors. The average wage is $82,080.
- Dental Hygienist is a professional that works in the dental field. The average wage is $76,220.
- Developer of websites.
- Cardiovascular technologists/diagnostic medical sonographers
- Technician in the aerospace industry.
- Detectives and police officers.
How do you get a job that requires a degree without one?
When you are seeking for a job and do not have the needed degree, networking is a fantastic approach to gain an interview. Reach out to anyone you know at the company when you apply. Tell them you’re applying for the job and ask if they’d write you a recommendation or tell the recruiting manager about you.
What is the best entry level job without a degree?
Training is either short-term or non-existent.
- Criminal investigators and detectives.
- Distributors and dispatchers of electricity.
- Elevator installers and service technicians.
- Commercial pilots are available.
- Inspectors of transportation.
- Installers and repairers of electrical power lines.
- Operators of gas plants.
- Operators of petroleum pumping systems, refinery operators, and gaugers.
Does Amazon hire without degree?
Even if you’ve worked for Amazon for more than a decade in direct management, don’t expect to be promoted to a true AM position, at Tier 4 or above, unless you have a degree.
Does Google hire without degree?
There is no requirement for a degree or prior experience, as with other career certificates, according to Google. In fact, only 61 percent of students enrolling have a four-year degree. This certificate could be an excellent starting point for a career in information technology.
How can I make 100k without a degree?
Here are 14 instances of high-paying careers that don’t require a college diploma and pay above $100,000.
- Owner of a company. The lifeblood of the American economy is small business.
- Broker in real estate.
- Consultant in sales.
- ATC stands for Air Traffic Controller.
- Assistant Virtual
- Whether you’re a firefighter or a cop, there’s a job
- Manager of the website.
What is the quickest career to get?
High-paying, fast-growing jobs that don’t require a lot of education
- Diver for the commercial market.
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal
- Technician in the field of HVAC.
- Surgical Technologist is a professional that works in the field of surgery.
- Operator of Heavy Equipment.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (VN).
- Technician at a medical laboratory.
What jobs pay 30 an hour without a degree?
Jobs in Human Resources and Management that pay $30 an hour without a degree
- ($25-$40+ an hour) salesperson * Debt Collector (hourly rate: $18-$33)
- * Crossfit / Yoga Specialized Trainers: ($22-$40 an hour ) Personal Trainers: ($22-$37 an hour )
- * Test Prep Tutor Specialist: ($ 30 -$60 an hour ) * Private Tutor: ($25-$35 an hour )
Do employers prefer degrees or experience?
Employers perceive that applicants with a college degree are more “job-ready” than those without a degree, according to the survey. Employers believe that candidates with degrees have greater hard and soft skills than candidates without degrees.
Do jobs check for your degree?
Most degrees can be confirmed through the applicant’s school’s records office, but sometimes a third-party company is used, which normally comes with a price.
Should you put education on your resume if you didn’t finish?
Even if you didn’t complete your education, you should include it on your résumé. College degree isn’t the only type of education that can be listed on a résumé.
What job pays $40 an hour?
Makeup artist is a person who does makeup. Being a freelance makeup artist is a flexible hourly job that can pay anywhere from $13 to $40 per hour if you’re creative and know your way around an eyeshadow pallet. Makeup artists are the highest-paid workers in the cosmetology sector, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
How can I make $20 an hour without a degree?
With little or no experience or a degree, there are 17 jobs that pay $20 an hour.
- The first step is proofreading.
- 2. Work as a virtual assistant.
- Marketing for small businesses is number three.
- Bookkeeping is number four.
- #5: Computer programming and website development.
- Freelance writing is number six.
- #7. Tutoring through the internet.
- #8. Check out several websites.
What jobs pay 25 an hour without a degree?
10 Jobs That Pay $20 or More an Hour That You Can Get Without a College Degree
- Surgical technologists are those who work in the medical field.
- Mechanics and installers of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Chefs d’Equipe et Chefs d’Equipe e
- Aerobics Instructors and Fitness Trainers
- Technicians in medical records and health information.
- Teachers of Self-Enrichment Education.