Can you work for the FBI without a college degree?
Both the FBI and the CIA require their agents, analysts and candidates for most other, non-clerical jobs to have, at minimum, four-year college degrees.
Some jobs, such as those for scientists, require graduate degrees.
Do you need a degree for the FBI?
Prospective FBI agents must have a bachelor’s degree a with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher and three years of related work experience, or an advanced degree (master’s degree or higher) and two years of related work experience. FBI Special Agents must acquire and maintain a top-secret security clearance.
Can I work for the CIA without a degree?
The CIA does not assist individuals in applying for US citizenship. Having an undergraduate degree is not mandatory, but is highly recommended. You cannot work for the CIA without a security clearance. You can find more information on this subject at Before You Apply on the Application Process.
How do you become a FBI worker?
Employment Requirements for the Special Agent Position
- Be between 23 and 36 years of age.
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience; or one year if you have earned an advanced degree (master’s or higher).
Can you have tattoos in the CIA?
Tattoos will not disqualify you from gaining employment at the CIA, and all professionally-qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
How hard is it to get FBI job?
Becoming an FBI Agent is a tremendously difficult and competitive process. It takes years of time, planning, and hard work to mold yourself into the kind of candidate the FBI is looking to hire. It’s not going to happen overnight, and the hiring process itself can take a year or longer.
Can FBI agents have tattoos?
Yes, you can have tattoos if you work for the FBI. There have been Special Agents that have sleeves and other large tattoos, however, out of the minority of employees that do have tattoos, the majority of these individuals have smaller tattoos.
How can I join CIA?
Candidates for CIA agent jobs in clandestine services must:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong interest in international affairs.
- Be able to write clearly and accurately.
What skills do you need to be a FBI agent?
Since the job of FBI agents can be very demanding, individuals are required to possess one or more of the following skills:
- Foreign language proficiency.
- Law experience.
- IT expertise.
- Accounting and finance skills.
- Military experience.
- Investigative experience.
- Diversified experience.
- Physical sciences.