Include these exercises in your routine to active the gluteus minimus:
- Hip hitches.
- Single leg side bridges.
- Seated/standing/lying hip abduction.
- Seated/lying hip internal location at the cable machine.
- Side-lying hip abduction with dumbbells.
- Mini-band squats.
- Band clamshells.
- Lateral band walks.
What exercise works the gluteus minimus?
You can use these six glute med exercises individually or as a warm-up for lower-body compound or locomotive movements.
- Side-lying Hip Abduction.
- Isometric Single-leg Wall Lean.
- Monster Walks.
- Lateral Band Walks.
- Banded Triplanar Toe Taps.
How do I activate my gluteus minimus?
Glute Min Activation –
How does gluteus medius and minimus work?
Gluteus Medius Exercise: Getting Started
- Clam Shell. Begin by lying on one side with the hips flexed to approximately 45 degrees.
- Side-Lying Hip Abduction. Begin by lying on one side with the bottom hip and knee flexed.
- 1-Leg Bridge. Begin by lying on the back with both hips and knees bent.
- Prone Plank with Bent Knee Hip Extension.
- Side Plank with Hip Abduction.
What causes tight gluteus minimus?
The glutes, or gluteal muscles, can become tight after too much sitting, overuse, or overexertion in athletic performance. Tight glutes can lead to a number of other injuries, so it’s important to warm them up well before exercising. It’s also important to stretch your glutes after you work out.