What qualifications do you need to work on a cruise ship?
Basic Requirements for Working on Cruise Ships
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Have the relevant visa or work permit – depending on where you are from and which countries you will be travelling to:
- Meet the language requirements relevant to your position.
How do I apply to work on a cruise ship?
How to get a job on a cruise ship:
- Figure out if a life at sea is for you.
- Assess which cruise line you would like to work for and which onboard position would be most suitable for you.
- Create your customized cover letter and associated resume.
- Get your first offer of contract, celebrate, and join your first ship!
Do cruise ship employees get free food?
“In addition to their salary, crew members typically receive free medical care, room and board, meals, and many other benefits that are often unavailable in their home countries,” said a representative for the Cruise Lines International Association, a trade association for the cruise industry.
How do I get a job on a cruise ship with no experience?
To get a cruise ship job with no experience, applicants must examine their past accomplishments, skills and work history. Only then will they be able to confidently market themselves in a resume and cover letter that will convince an employer that they have what it takes to do the job.