Current City Jobs
San Diego is a world-class metropolis for everyone. Join the City’s diverse, skilled, and devoted workforce of over 11,000 people who are passionate about public service. To discover a job and get started, click on any of the job tabs below.
What jobs are in demand in San Diego?
In San Diego County, engineers, physician assistants, and physical therapists are all in high demand.
What are the best jobs in San Diego?
Here’s a rundown of San Diego’s top ten highest-paying jobs:
- Other physicians and ophthalmologists, with the exception of pediatric ophthalmologists.
- Managers in the natural sciences.
- Managers of computer and information systems.
- Managers of architecture and engineering.
- Postsecondary Economics Teachers
What salary do you need to live in San Diego?
The high expense of living in San Diego is well-known. To take advantage of everything the city has to offer, you’ll need a decent salary. If you’re single and have no children, you’ll need to make a minimum of $21.26 per hour, or $39.67 per hour for a family of three.
Where can I work in San Diego?
In San Diego, CA, there are 20 best companies to work for.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals is a pharmaceutical company based in the United States. NuVasive has a Zippia score of 4.9. Dyson Real Estate has a Zippia score of 4.8. Kratos Defense & Security Solutions has a Zippia score of 4.8. Quidel has a Zippia score of 4.8. Qualcomm has a Zippia score of 4.8. Sempra Energy has a Zippia score of 4.8. Zippia Score 4.7. Illumina Zippia Score 4.7. Illumina Zippia Score 4.7. Illumina Zippia Score 4.7. Illumina Zippia Score
What is a good salary in San Diego?
The typical wage in San Diego, according to NerdWallet, is $63,73, with the average salary reaching $75,000. Out of 268 cities in the United States, it is the 14th most costly.
What is the happiest job in the world?
According to a Guardian investigation, engineers are the happiest people on the planet, closely followed by teachers and nurses.
What jobs pay over 100k without a degree?
Jobs that pay six figures but don’t require a college diploma
- ATC stands for Air Traffic Controller. $124,540 is the median salary.
- Broker in real estate. $79,340 is the average salary.
- Manager of construction. $91,370 is the average salary.
- A radiation therapist is a person who specializes in the treatment of
- This is a commercial pilot.
- Manager of Funeral Services.
- Detectives and criminal investigators are two types of detectives.
- Operator of a nuclear power reactor.
What’s considered low income in San Diego?
|San Diego County Income Limits Effective April 1, 2021|
|FAMILY SIZE||80% of AMI Low Income||30% of AMI Extremely Low Income|
What jobs pay a million dollars a year?
6 Job Types That Pay a Million Dollars
- Actor from the A-List. Bankable celebrities can earn multi-million dollar salaries.
- CEO of a corporation. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average CEO earns a solid but not very high $175,000 per year.
- A basketball player. Ezra Shaw/Getty Images/Kobe Bryant
- Partner in a law practice.
Is 70k a good salary in San Diego?
In San Diego, you can live comfortably (assuming you’re single) on $700,000. However, if you have a family or want to start one with a budget of $70,000, San Diego may not be as appealing as we believe. In SD, you can live decently, but not luxuriously.
How expensive is living in San Diego?
The cost of living in San Diego is 160.1.
|COST OF LIVING||San Diego||California|
|Median Home Cost||$645,300||$552,800|
What is considered middle class income in San Diego?
|Income & Poverty|
|Median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019||$79,673|
|Per capita income in past 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019||$41,112|
|Persons in poverty, percent|| 12.8%|
What big companies are in San Diego?
To Know About San Diego’s Biggest Companies
- Cubic Corporation has a workforce of over 10,000 people.
- Pulse Electronics has a workforce of over 10,000 people.
- Qualcomm employs almost 10,000 people.
- Sanyo has a workforce of over 10,000 people.
- Sony has a workforce of over 10,000 people.
- Teradata has a workforce of over 10,000 people.
- Zovio has a workforce of over 10,000 people.
What is the main industry in San Diego?
Defense/military, tourism, international trade, and research/manufacturing are the most important sectors of San Diego’s economy. San Diego was named the greatest city in the US to establish a small business or startup company by a Forbes contributor in 2014.
Is San Diego more expensive than Seattle?
San Diego has a 7.1 percent lower cost of living than Seattle. The cost of housing in San Diego is 9.7% less than the cost of housing in Seattle. San Diego has a 4.5 percent increase in health-care costs.