Careers – Humane Society International
The Humane Society of the United States (HSI) is hiring new staff to help animals live better lives.
Please send a CV and cover note outlining your availability and any special skills to [email protected] We do not typically offer opportunities to work hands-on with animals, but we do have administrative needs in our London office.
What qualifications do I need to work in an animal shelter?
To begin my training as an animal care worker, what qualifications do I need?
- Level 1 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care
- Level 2 Diploma / Animal Care and Welfare Assistant (Level 2 Apprenticeship)
- Level 3 Diploma / Advanced Apprenticeship in Work-based Animal Care
How do I get a job at an animal rescue?
Animal rescue jobs do not require a professional degree, but certificate courses in medical care and first-aid for injured animals are beneficial, and on-the-job training is sufficient.
Can you make money working at an animal shelter?
Animal shelter employees in the United States earn an average of $32,421 per year, or $16 per hour.
How can I work with animals without a degree?
Examples of animal-related jobs that are unlikely to necessitate a college diploma
- Animal care giver.
- Pet groomer or bather.
- Maintenance worker.
- Dog walker.
- Adoption specialist.
- Customer service liaison.
- Animal care giver.
How can I make money working with animals?
Here are 12 animal-related jobs that could pay the bills:
- Veterinary assistant.
- Laboratory animal caretaker.
- Veterinary technicians.
- Animal control worker.
- Conservation and forest technicians.
How do I get a job working with animals?
gaining animal-related work experience
- Volunteer at an animal shelter or rescue.
- Work at a veterinary clinic.
- Provide pet sitting services.
- Volunteer at a Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre or Zoo.
- Apply to work at a stable or farm.
- Take part in an internship.
What are the best jobs for animal lovers?
If you’re looking for a job as an animal lover, here’s a list of 15 of the highest-paying jobs in this field:
- Marine biologist.
- Animal nutritionist.
- Wildlife biologist.
- Conservation land manager.
What to study if you want to work with animals?
Kennel workers/animal attendants are responsible for the day-to-day care of animals in facilities. They must have a bachelor’s degree in zoology, wildlife biology, ecology, or a related field. Those who want to conduct research must have a doctorate.
What jobs require little schooling?
The following is a list of the highest-paying jobs that require little or no education.
- Elevator and Escalator Installers and Repairers.
- Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators.
- Web Developer.
- Network and computer systems administrators.
- Funeral Services Manager.
Can I work in a zoo without a degree?
Most students who want to work in a zoo major in biology, zoology, animal behavior, animal science, conservation science, or another related field; keeper positions may only require an associate’s degree, though many keepers have a four-year bachelor’s degree.
What is the highest paying job at a zoo?
A veterinarian is one of the highest-paying animal careers, and there are a variety of veterinary jobs to choose from.