13 Low-Stress Jobs That Also Pay Really Well
There is no such thing as a stress-free job; every employment entails some level of on-the-job anxiety. There are several low-stress professions that pay well and can help you launch a successful career. Here’s how to acquire a high-paying job that doesn’t make you want to yank your hair out every day.
Defining “Low Stress” and “High Pay”
In 2018, the most recent year for which data was available, the median household income in the United States was $63,179. “Low-stress” employment pay well, with some earning over $70,000 per year. If you’re looking for a low-stress work, consider what would make it better for you.
13 Low-Stress Jobs That Pay Well
With a bachelor’s degree and a little perseverance, there are more than a dozen careers that pay well. Some careers require considerable education, while others may be broken into with just a few hours of college and a lot of hard effort. Software developer, technical writer, and environmental restoration planner are just a few examples.
1. Software Developer
Software developers create apps and systems that run on computers, tablets, and smartphones. Software developers might be self-employed or engaged by a company or brand. Many developers learn to code on their own or use alternative programs (such as coding bootcamps) to improve their skills.
Actuaries examine financial risk using arithmetic, statistics, and other methods. A bachelor’s degree in math or a related subject is required for actuaries. They must pass a series of exams in order to be certified to practice. An actuary’s average pay is $102,880.
3. Technical Writer
Technical writers compose technical text, which includes instruction manuals, journal articles, and other papers that delve into complex technical topics. A degree in computers, technology, or engineering is frequently beneficial, but it isn’t essential; if you can write clearly about technical difficulties, you can be a technical writer.
4. Art Director
Art directors are in charge of an artistic project’s artistic vision, direction, strategy, and staff. Art directors work in a number of locations and capacities; some are self-employed, while others work for an agency or public relations firm, and still others work for brands or editorial journals directly.
Economists perform research, gather and analyze data, and investigate economic and policy-related topics. Although most economists have a graduate degree (usually a master’s or a PhD), some entry-level employment are accessible with only a bachelor’s degree. Economists can either work for themselves or for the government.
6. Chemical Engineer
Chemical engineers employ a number of sciences to solve difficulties in the manufacturing and usage of items such as food, pharmaceuticals, energy, and chemicals. Chemical engineers can work in a laboratory, an office, or in a factory (or split their time between those) To enter the field, candidates must have at least a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering.
7. Environmental Restoration Planners
Environmental restoration planners do research to address environmental and public health concerns. The government may use them to ensure that enterprises follow environmental standards or to clean up hazardous locations. For entry-level roles, environmental restoration planners require a bachelor’s degree.
Statisticians collect and analyze data in order to solve practical problems in the real world. A master’s or doctorate degree in mathematics or statistics is required for most statisticians. With a bachelor’s degree, there are more entry-level opportunities accessible. The median annual pay is $88,190.
9. Operations Research Analyst
Data collection and analysis, statistics, and modeling are used by operations research analysts to assist corporations in identifying and solving problems within their organizations. Many employers seek operations research analysts with a master’s degree and/or a significant quantity of experience. The median annual pay is $83,390. Between 2018 and 2028, growth is expected to reach 26%.
10. Political Scientist
Politicians study political systems and trends, as well as policies, topics, elections, and governments. They could also work for the government, independent political organisations, or think tanks as policy analysts. A PhD in political science or public administration is often required by political scientists. The median annual wage is $117,570.
Audiologists help persons with hearing and balance problems and undertake research in the field. The average annual pay for an audiologist in the United States is $75,920. Audiologists must have a doctorate and a license to practice (requirements vary by state)
Optometrists are specialists who specialize in everything related to the eyes, including the diagnosis and treatment of visual abnormalities, diseases, and injuries. Before they may begin treating patients, optometrists must complete a four-year Doctor of Optometry (OD) degree and obtain license in the state where they desire to operate.
13. Marine Architect
Ships, submarines, aircraft carriers, sailboats, barges, buoys, tankers, and other vessels are designed, built, maintained, and repaired by maritime architects. A bachelor’s degree in maritime engineering or naval architecture is required for most marine architects. Some may hold an engineering degree in a similar field (like structural, mechanical, or electrical)
What is the easiest job that pays the most?
Top 18 Best-Paying Simple Jobs
- Sitter for the house. If you’re searching for a simple, high-paying job, consider home sitting.
- Trainer for individuals.
- Flight Attendant is a position in the airline industry.
- Walker of dogs.
- Attendant at a toll booth.
- Therapist who specializes in massage.
What is the best job that pays the most?
Prepare to be matched!
- Anesthesiologist is the best-paying job in the world.
- Surgeon is ranked number two on the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Surgeon specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery. #3 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Gynecologist and Obstetrician #4 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Orthodontist. #5 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Prosthodontist. #6 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Psychiatrist. #7 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
What job can I do that pays well?
Here are 25 low-stress and pleasant employment options to explore.
- Audiologist. $77,420 is the average annual salary.
- Director of art. $101,990 is the average annual salary.
- Dental Hygienist is a professional that works in the dental field. $72,720 is the average annual salary.
- Geologist. $106,900 is the average annual salary.
- Technologists in the food industry.
- Writer with a technical bent.
What jobs pay $100 an hour?
Top-paying occupations that pay more than $100 per hour
- Coach for life.
- Welder who works underwater.
- I work as a freelance photographer.
- Writer of political speeches.
- Artist who does tattoos.
- Therapist who specializes in massage.
- Designer of interiors.
- A commercial pilot is being conducted.
What is the laziest job in the world?
These 15 Jobs Are Perfect For You If You Think You’re Lazy
- Foreigner with professional experience. If you dress smartly and shake hands strongly, you might be able to find work in China.
- Cuddler with years of experience.
- Tester for hotel sleep.
- Beer sommelier
- Tester for video games
- Participant in a sleep study
- Extra in a film.
- A person who walks dogs
What jobs pay 120k a year?
There are 25 jobs that pay more than $100,000 per year.
- Physician. $180,000 is the median base wage.
- Lawyer. $144,500 is the median base wage.
- Manager of research and development. $142,120 is the median basic wage.
- Manager of software development. $132,000 is the median base wage.
- Manager of a pharmacy. $130,000 is the median base wage.
- Manager of strategy.
- Architect for software.
- Engineer for integrated circuit design.
What jobs pay 200k a year?
- Anesthesiologist. On average, doctors who provide anesthesia make $246,320, the highest income in the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) database.
- Nurse anesthetist is a type of anesthetist who works in a
- Chief executive officer.
- Manager of marketing.
- Manager of computer and information systems.
What job makes 300k a year?
Management, law, finance, and medicine are the most common occupations for those earning $300,000 per year. Management and finance are the most common jobs for those making more than $10 million per year, but sales, real estate, operations, medicine, law, engineering, and art are also popular.
What is the lowest paying job?
America’s Lowest-Paying Jobs in 2020
- Dishwashers; a typical annual income of $23.6K.
- Restaurant hosts and hostesses earn an average of $23.7K per year.
- Fast food workers earn a median yearly salary of $24,000.
- Workers in the laundry and dry-cleaning industries earn an average of $25.5K per year.
- Maids make $25.5K per year on average.
- Childcare workers earn a median annual salary of $25.7K.
Which careers are the happiest?
The 10 Most Happy and Satisfying Jobs
- Dental Hygienist is a professional that works in the dental field.
- Physiatrist is a type of physical
- A radiation therapist is a person who specializes in the treatment of
- Manager of Human Resources.
What jobs pay 30 an hour without a degree?
Jobs in Human Resources and Management that pay $30 an hour without a degree
- ($25-$40+ an hour) salesperson * Debt Collector (hourly rate: $18-$33)
- * Crossfit / Yoga Specialized Trainers: ($22-$40 an hour ) Personal Trainers: ($22-$37 an hour )
- * Test Prep Tutor Specialist: ($ 30 -$60 an hour ) * Private Tutor: ($25-$35 an hour )
What jobs pay 50k a year without degree?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are nine careers that pay $50,000 or more per year and don’t require a bachelor’s degree.
- Agent for the insurance industry.
- Technician for wind turbines.
- Inspector of fires.
- Assistant to the CEO.
- Assistant in occupational therapy.
- Representative for wholesale and manufacturing sales.
What job pays $500 an hour?
Is $500 an hour a fair wage? Yes. Any hourly wage of more than $48.75 places you in the top 10% of American workers. What is the equivalent hourly wage of $500?
|Doctors (General Practice)||$97.00|
|Air Traffic Controllers||$59.13|
What job pays $40 an hour?
Makeup artist is a person who does makeup. Being a freelance makeup artist is a flexible hourly job that can pay anywhere from $13 to $40 per hour if you’re creative and know your way around an eyeshadow pallet. Makeup artists are the highest-paid workers in the cosmetology sector, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Is $60 an hour good?
It depends on how many hours you work, but if you work a 40-hour week for 50 weeks a year, a $60 hourly income equals to $120,000 each year, or $10,000 per month. Is $60 an hour a fair wage? Yes. Any hourly wage of more than $48.75 places you in the top 10% of American workers.