The FBI is expanding its presence at the Redstone Arsenal complex in Huntsville, Alabama, and is recruiting for new workers. Internships and full-time careers with the FBI will be available to applicants. The FBI may also be able to assist you and your family in relocating.
Is it hard to get into the FBI?
Becoming an FBI agent is a very competitive and rigorous process. To develop yourself into the type of candidate the FBI is searching for, it takes years of time, planning, and hard work. It won’t happen overnight, and the hiring process alone may take a year or more.
How much does a starting FBI agent make?
The General Schedule, which covers the bulk of white-collar federal employees, is used to calculate FBI agent salaries. There are 15 grades in the General Schedule, ranging from GS-1 (lowest) through GS-15 (highest) (highest). An FBI agent’s starting pay grade is GS-10, which in 2018 ranges from $48,289 to $62,787 per year.
How much money do FBI agents make?
From 2018 to 2028, the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 5% increase in posts for all criminal investigators (including FBI agents), which is about in line with the national average. Salary and Future Prospects
|Career||Average Annual Salary|
|ENTRY-LEVEL FBI AGENT||$51,921|
|MID- TO SENIOR-LEVEL FBI AGENT||$78,681|
What does the FBI look for when hiring?
What type of background investigation is required? Everyone at the FBI is given a top-secret security clearance. For any employment, a thorough background check is required. A polygraph, drug test, credit check, and interviews with friends, neighbors, your babysitter, and others who know you are all part of the process.
How can I join the FBI or CIA?
What are the steps to becoming a CIA agent?
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Consider going back to school for a master’s degree.
- Learn one or two foreign languages and become fluent in them.
- Obtain useful experience.
- Completing the necessary testing and medical examinations is a must.
- Completing an internal training program is a must.
How long is FBI Academy?
The Fundamentals. Over 800 hours of training, including a variety of web-based courses, will be provided in four primary areas: academics, case exercises, firearms training, and operational abilities. At the moment, new agent training lasts about 20 weeks. It’s a demanding program, but participants aren’t on their own.
How much does FBI make an hour?
California Fbi Agent Salary
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
How much do CIA agents get paid?
Salary for CIA agents varies, but you may expect to earn anywhere from $50,000 to $95,000 per year, depending on the job, your experience, and degree of education.
What is the highest paying FBI job?
Criminal Justice Jobs with the Best Pay
- Lawyer. Average Salary: $142,000.
- Magistrates and judges. The average annual salary is $121,000.
- Analyst for Intelligence. $94,000 is the average salary.
- Psychologist who specializes in forensics. $93,000 is the average salary.
- Examiner of Finances. $92,000 is the average salary.
- Criminologist. $83,000 is the average salary.
- Professor in a university. $69,000 is the average salary.
- Agent with the FBI.
What job makes the most money?
Prepare to be matched!
- Anesthesiologist is the best-paying job in the world.
- Surgeon is ranked number two on the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Surgeon specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery. #3 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Gynecologist and Obstetrician #4 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Orthodontist. #5 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Prosthodontist. #6 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
- Psychiatrist. #7 in the list of highest-paying jobs.
Does FBI pay well?
The average monthly wage for a Special Agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation ( FBI ) in the United States is $72,636, which is in line with the national average.
Is working for the FBI a good job?
Employee Reviews by the Federal Bureau of Investigation ( FBI ). It’s an excellent location to work. A highly family-friendly workplace with excellent compensation and perks. The things you see and do are incredible.
Do you get paid during FBI training?
Trainees are compensated while they are enrolled in the academy. An FBI special agent trainee’s annualized compensation, including base pay and location adjustment, is $51,043, or $1,963 biweekly.
Can a FBI agent have tattoos?
A person’s tattoos do not prohibit them from becoming an FBI special agent. The Federal Bureau of Investigation requires applicants to have high personal standards, including unwavering personal integrity, although this does not preclude them from having tattoos or body piercings.
How long is the hiring process for FBI?
Phase 1 of the application process takes roughly 23 weeks on average, and Phase II, which includes the background check and field training, can take up to a year. Individuals pursuing a job with the FBI should expect some disturbance during the recruitment process.