Top 10 Best Jobs for Communication Majors
Students who study in communications learn to evaluate the requirements and preferences of readers, viewers, and listeners. Communications majors learn how to plan, manage, and execute initiatives, programs, and events. They must be meticulous in their attention to detail while still comprehending the big picture.
Majors in communications are well-positioned to think strategically about how to use the media to impact public perceptions. According to the BLS, meeting and event planners earned a median annual salary of $50,600 in May 2019. Public relations professionals’ employment will grow at a rate of 6% through 2028, which is about average for all occupations. Communications majors are specially suited to evaluate how different demographic groups consume media in order to predict where advertisements should be placed. In their meetings with alumni, parents, and other possible donors, both development and alumni officials must exercise a considerable lot of social finesse. Managers of social media platforms must be skilled.
As of May 2019, the median annual pay for a human resources professional was $61,920. Jobs in the field are expected to expand by 5% through 2028, according to the BLS. To chronicle advances in business, industry, and the economy, business reporters use journalistic writing abilities. A target population’s health-related problems and needs are assessed by health educators. Just as a salesperson must be able to anticipate the demands of her clients, communications majors learn to gauge an audience’s preferences.
Interpersonal and communication abilities are required of brand managers in order to elicit collaboration from other sales, marketing, and advertising partners. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) anticipates that employment of wholesalers will increase.
Is a degree in communications worth it?
For many students, a communication degree is worthwhile. Communications majors might choose from a variety of intriguing and interesting jobs. Someone interested in working in media or broadcasting might benefit from a communications degree.
Is Communications a good career?
Communication is a vast field that offers a wide range of job options. Despite the diversity of options, they are all founded on the foundation of creativity. Professionals in the creative industries have some of the highest job satisfaction percentages. A career in communication is a fulfilling one.
What is the highest paying Communication jobs?
10 of the best-paying positions in communications
- Marketing vice president $162,100.
- Strategic relationships director. $160,400.
- Director of product marketing. $153,800.
- Director of demand generation $152,500.
- Manager of captures. $148,300.
- Director of advertising sales. $138,700.
- Account manager for the entire company. $138,600.
- Manager of product marketing.
How much do communications majors make?
The average annual compensation for Communications Degree positions in California is $49,442 per year as of April 11, 2021. If you need a quick salary calculator, that works out to about $23.77 per hour.
What is the most useless degree?
Several websites have compiled a list of the most useless degrees.
- Public relations and advertising.
- Archaeology / Anthropology
- Mass media/communications
- The criminal justice system.
- Studies of ethnicity and culture.
- Design for the fashion industry.
- Film, video, and photography are all forms of art.
Is Communications a bad degree?
A degree in communications isn’t bad either, but you’ll need to do something else in addition to your major to make it valuable. Internships (typically unpaid) and networking are the most common ways to find work with a communications degree. You must demonstrate that you possess not only a degree, but also the necessary skills for the position.
What are the six fields of communication?
Communication Studies: Fields of Communication
- Communication between cultures.
- Communication between people.
- Nonverbal communication is a type of communication that occurs without using words.
- Communication within an organization.
- Persuasion and Social Influence are two terms that are used interchangeably.
- Communication in Small Groups
- Language / Verbal Communication
Should I study communications?
Studying communications is an excellent method to prepare for a career in business, especially if you select the appropriate concentration. Students can specialize in marketing or advertising in many communications degree programs.
Can you make good money with a communications degree?
Students can pursue a diverse range of high-paying jobs in the media, the arts, marketing, public relations, journalism, and a variety of other fields. Vice President of Public Relations and Corporate Communications is one of the highest-paying typical roles for communication bachelor’s degree holders.
Are communication majors in demand?
According to the NACE survey, public relations and advertising were among the most in-demand communications degrees. A communications degree can lead to jobs in broadcast engineering or technical writing, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
What are the highest-paying medical jobs?
The ten highest-paying positions in health care
- Surgeons and doctors. What you’d do if you were in this situation: Physicians and surgeons are among the highest-paid health-care professionals.
- Nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners are all members of the nursing profession.
- Physician assistants are people who help doctors.
What is the highest-paying job in advertising?
- Director of Corporate Communications. $124,054 is the average wage.
- Director of Marketing Research $111,907 is the average wage.
- Email Marketing Director The average annual pay is $102,588.
- Digital Marketing Director
- Director of Content Marketing
- Manager of Product Marketing.
- Manager of Demand Generation
- Manager of Brand Marketing.
What is a communication degree good for?
Jobs in media, such as online and print marketing, journalism, and public relations, can be found with a communication degree. Mass media, technical communications, and advertising are all topics studied by communication majors. They learn how to produce press releases, long-form essays, and technical documentation, among other things.
Are communication majors successful?
By default, communications majors gain a wide range of career-related abilities. They become very effective generalists as a result of taking a variety of communications courses, allowing them to succeed in a variety of roles.
What is a good salary per year?
What are the criteria that decide whether or not a wage is good? “According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), full-time workers’ median weekly earnings were $854 in the fourth quarter of 2017, translating to an annual median pay of $44,408,” says Jill Gonzalez, an analyst at WalletHub.