How do you negotiate with a car dealer?
My short list of negotiating tactics:
- Don’t negotiate.
- Follow-up on Saturday or Sunday nights an hour before closing time.
- Follow-up on the last day of the month.
- Follow-up on days that have had terrible weather.
- Rinse, wash, and repeat.
- Know what a car is worth.
- Secure your own financing if you can.
- Always be polite.
How do you desk a car deal?
Desk A Deal –
How do you talk down a car price?
10 Ways To Talk Down a Car Salesperson
- Know the Kelley Blue Book Value. The more knowledge you have, the bigger advantage you have over the dealer.
- Walk. Straight up start to walk away.
- Flaunt Your Other Options.
- Flash the Cash.
- Use Previous Buyers as Leverage.
- Start With a Low Offer.
- Bring the CARFAX.
- Appeal to Emotions.
What should you not say to a car salesman?
10 Things You Should Never Say to a Car Salesman
- “I really love this car” You can love that car — just don’t tell the salesman.
- “I don’t know that much about cars”
- “My trade-in is outside”
- “I don’t want to get taken to the cleaners”
- “My credit isn’t that good”
- “I’m paying cash”
- “I need to buy a car today”
- “I need a monthly payment under $350”