What does working the room mean?
work-the-room. Verb. (idiomatic, of a host, hostess, or guest) To interact enthusiastically with the attendees at an event, by moving among them, greeting them, and engaging them in conversation. As a campaigning politician, he really knew how to shake hands, kiss babies, and work the room.
How do you mingle at a work party?
Granted, they were both the same style of shoe, but talk about awkward!
- Have a Goal. The first tip for successful mingling at a work party is to identify a goal.
- Warm Up.
- Choose Our First Introduction.
- Introduce Ourselves.
- Ask Questions.
- Politely End the Conversation.
- Avoid Overindulgence.
How do you network a party?
Holiday Party Networking Tips
- Don’t turn down invites to holiday parties. The more contacts you make, the better, even if contact is minimal.
- Everyone you meet could be a potential lead, so introduce yourself well.
- Ask for advice.
- Take notes about the people you meet.
- Be natural and conversational.
- Follow up.
What should you not do on a network?
What Not to Do: Avoid These 7 Common Networking Mistakes
- 1.) FEELING TOO AWKWARD TO NETWORK.
- 2.) STAYING SILENT IN CONVERSATION.
- 3.) STAYING IN AN UNCOMFORTABLE SITUATION.
- 4.) WASTING TIME WITH UNHELPFUL INFORMATION.
- 5.) ASKING FOR A JOB.
- 6.) Failing to follow up.
- 7.) NOT KEEPING A RECORD.